The Stranger X: Hostage

"Tch... As expected, the cops are back to nip at our hind legs again."

A silhouette masked by the cloaks of shadow peered through the horizontal crack of the window blinds. Below, a crowd of panicky civilians were addressing their urgencies to the new arrival of police officers. The figure scoffs in distaste, pulling back the slide of the pistol that he was holding. Those scoundrel mammals in blue were always there to foil his plans – and he would not allow it to happen this time. Forced to cower inside the shades for many bitingly cold winters due to them; he had tolerated enough of that hogwash. A conniving smirk crept up his muzzle.

He had an ace card to deal with them now.

"Just you watch, I shall prove to all of you law abiding low-lives out there... that your so called perfect crime-free little system is dotted with countless of flaws." He snarled sardonically.

"You will never escape from the cops, you filthy robber!"

The figure turned around. Sprawled on the ground like a depressing heap of mess was the bank owner; arms and legs tied together with an excessive amount of duct tape. The stout looking horse flinched, scrambling and squirming back to the wall in fear behind as the figure's bloodshot eyes glared him down from the darkness.

"What did you say, horse?" he loaded his gun intently. The horse's eyes widened as he heard the gun load. "Would you care to repeat ?"

The bank owner shook his head vigorously in terror. Sighing, the figure disposed the empty magazine onto the concrete floor. He grabbed the petrified horse brutishly by the necktie and wrung him up past his shoulder.

"No? Well. Guess what, Mr. Goldmane?" he whispered into his ear from the side of his muzzle.

The bank owner refused to speak.

"Guess. What." The barrel of the pistol dug itself forcefully into the side of the horse's head. The bank owner whimpered in fright. "Do NOT... make me repeat my question."

"W-w-what?"

The figure flashed a devilish smile. "Now that's a good donkey; it wasn't that hard now, was it?" He let go of the necktie and headed back for the window. The horse immediately writhed away from him. He stopped in his tracks.

"A FILTHY ROBBER, EH?" the figure spun around all of a sudden, delivering a solid kick; slamming right at Mr. Goldmane's head. The horse flew from the kick - crashing into an office table, rendering him unconscious. He knelt beside the bank owner, sneering in crazed relish.

"I heard all of that; the sole reason why this nonsense of a system you money driven top dogs have conscripted must be brought to justice... one step at a time. Even the cops won't be a problem soon enough."

He reached for the walkie-talkie strapped on his shoulder strap. It was the time to send an important message to all those oblivious city dwellers out there. For the first time, he felt the most alive than of all the other crimes that he pulled off. He had been preparing this for many years to come and now the moment of reckoning has arrived. He switched the device on.

"Let's get this party started, boys."

"You reckon they have all kinds of booby traps set up?" Nick asked, tranquilizer gun at the ready. The crowd had already made clearing for the two of them; standing anxiously behind the boundaries of yellow police tape. Judy had hastily wrapped and tied it across the pillars of the building as well as the neighbouring lampposts that lined the street. As of now, they were awaiting Chief Bogo to arrive at the scene.

"Likely so," Judy exclaimed, snipping the end of the tape with a pair of scissors. "No one in the right sense of mind robs the number one bank in Zootopia without any preparations."