Doughnut Disaster IV

Nick stood behind the chubby cheetah, his right paw supporting his chin with a digit raised in an attempt to conceal his evident grin. He watched in sheer amusement as the wardrobe bobbed along Clawhauser's clumsy footing, desperately trying to keep balanced. One of the wardrobe doors was locked in place, which the chubby cheetah presumably attempted to squeeze through but was stuck instead. Judy was to his right side, also keeping hold of her own nearly surfacing giggles. Nick observed her through the corners of his eyes; Surprised that she was actually appreciating this funny moment rather than scowling at him for not helping the poor ZPD receptionist who was lolling about with a wardrobe engulfing his upper torso. But he did have to give Judy the benefit of the doubt - If this was a scene in a Slapstick comedy show, it was surely a laughable one. Usually, you would see a head stuck in a goldfish tank or a hand lodged in a kettle; But half a body being eaten alive by a wardrobe? Now that's a first.

"Um, guys? A little help would be delightful, it's kind of claustrophobic in this cramped up wardrobe," Clawhauser exclaimed shakily, leaning forward with the edge of the wardrobe pressing against the corner of the walls to support himself from toppling backwards. He took in heavy breaths, heaving from exhaustion. Being unfit was undoubtedly proving to be detrimental to his stamina. "I... uh... phew! Might not be...huh... able to hold on to this... wardrobe any longer! "

Judy snapped back into her usual self as soon as Clawhauser pleaded for help. "Oh, oops! Hang in there Clawhauser! I'll see if I can get this wardrobe door to unlock! Do you by chance remember where the wardrobe keys are?" She asked hurriedly as she scavenged through the bedroom cabinets.

"Oh, I always keep it - keep it... ...." Clawhauser muttered as he fell silent.

"Keep it where?" Judy inquired, running her paws over the mattress in hopes of finding the key.

"...with me, but I - I had accidentally dropped it into the bottom of the wardrobe as I was searching for something important," Clawhauser answered solemnly from sudden realization, the wardrobe jerking downwards as he slumped his shoulders and tail in utter disappointment.

"Oh," Judy responded, pulling her paws out of the pile of clutter as she retrieved a half eaten moldy doughnut from the mess. It spluttered from her pinch, secreting an awful inedible yellowish goop from where the jelly filling was supposed to be. "Perhaps we could forcefully pry it open then?" she added as she held the rotten pastry away from her in disgust, dropping it into the bedroom's wastebin. Judy looked away as she shook her hand violently to release the sticky slime from her paw into the bin below. Nick observed the slime dripping into the bin, eyebrows forming a frown with his muzzle pulled back as he scrunched his nose in revulsion.

Judy snapped her digits on her slime coated paw as she figured a nifty idea. "Nick, since you are experienced in the art of a con artist - you should know how to pick a lock right?" Judy questioned with her dirtied paw held out in the air.

"As a matter of fact, yes I do know how to," Nick replied smugly, placing his paws on his hips as he gave her a half lidded smirk. "...not that I used them for illegal purposes, though," Nick clarified with a digit raised after a brief pause as he cocked his head to the side.

"Good, glad to know that," Judy exclaimed, tossing a paperclip towards Nick, which he bounced it several times between his paws before failing miserably to catch it . "Go do that and in the meantime, I have to make a trip to the washroom."

"You really toss like a bunny, you know that!" Nick retorted with irritation in his voice, earning a dismissive wave from Judy as she headed for the toilet. Ears pulled back, he sighed and proceeded to Clawhauser's aid. "Stay still buddy, I will get you out of there in no time. Mind if I climb up your back?"