Doughnut Disaster VI

It was a rather typical five-minute ride back to ZPD's main headquarters. Nick had the radio blasting rat pack music whilst Judy struggled to maintain her focus on the road over the disturbingly loud volume. Though she had a bursting urge to yell at the oblivious fox to lower the volume, Judy refrained herself. She had to admit, the famous band was rockingly classy and soothing to hear. It differs from her usual preference of upbeat and catchy music but she might just be developing a new taste upon listening to the vocals of five talented rodents. They had arrived at their destination just as the band was finishing the song with a nice instrumental solo.

"You should definitely get an album of them, their music is a hundred percent pure molten gold," Nick suggested as he switched off the radio right after the song ended and the radio channel's advertisements started to roll in. "Listened to it when I was dealing a trade with Mr. Big in his territory, did not take long to get hooked to it. I guess even the most fearsome crime boss in tundra town has a good taste for music."

Judy retrieved the car keys from the ignition switch. "Never thought that I would like a different genre of music, but I enjoyed it!" She exclaimed, spinning the aluminium carabiner which holstered her keys with a digit a good number of times before casually depositing the keys into her utility belt. "But I did not know you were into this kind of music, Nick."

"Well, I cannot blame you for that," Nick replied, shrugging his shoulders. They exited the bulky car, making their way towards the main entrance of the building. "Even Finnick finds it peculiar that I prefer classical songs over his favourite slick french raps. I guess I have a liking for calming music."

"Maybe that is why you are so laid back," Judy said, adjusting her belt.

"Says the hoppity bunny that listens to upbeat music," Nick countered, smirking at her. Judy raised a digit in an attempt to argue but puffed her cheeks out grumpily with a sulking frown, ears drooping when she could not think of a swift come back. He chuckled slyly as he outwitted the clever rabbit once again. After the numerous number of occasions which Judy had outsmarted him, Nick was determined to earn the crown back in his possession. Never would he let his twenty enriching years of experience go to waste because he was tricked by a mere cop. Approaching the rotating doors of the ZPD headquarters, Nick grabbed onto one of the railings of the door and humbly gestured Judy to enter. "Ladies first, as always."

"Such a polite, well-mannered fox you are, Nick," Judy smiled, hopping through the entrance; Nick pushing the door by its handle, pacing behind her.

"Be my guest, Carrots," Nick replied as he strolled behind Judy. Upon entering the air conditioned building, the pair was immediately greeted by Delgato manning the reception desk up front. It was a fresh sight from the usual large sized Clawhauser who was as wide as the replica of the ZPD police badge mounted on the wall right behind the counter. The cheetah officer hurriedly switched his focus back onto the dreadingly lengthy queue with a sheepishly forced smile, attending to impatient civilians as soon as Nick and Judy waved back at him. As busy as it looks, none of these potential cases were likely to be of importance. Passing the washrooms by the side, they ascended the escalator to the second floor.

"So, where are we headed?" Nick said, spectating the flustered receptionist flailing documents aimlessly in the air as they rode their way upwards.

"My own office, of course!" Judy answered excitedly. She pivoted her body forward with her paws lodged in her pockets. "Chief Bogo has allowed me my own office if you had not known."

"Still not a year old veteran in the ZPD yet you have your own hobbit hole? That's an achievement." Nick acknowledged.

"I have my own work area situated inside, equipped with a computer that has full access to ZPD's database."