D. Gray Man~Secrets of The Order: Chapter Eighteen

D. Gray Man—Chapter Eighteen

 “You can't keep me here!" I screamed at Komui. I don't know why I was screaming. My voice just suddenly got higher and louder. I know that it isn't completely Koumi's fault that I'm here, but I just needed someone to yell at. "You can't keep me here, in this stupid asylum! You have no right to do that! I'll quit as an exorcist if you keep me here." I threatened.

But he didn't look worried. His eyes looked like they were somewhere else. In another universe. When he spoke up, I was surprised that it wasn't an outer space alien voice. "Akira-chan. I'm sorry to say that you can't quit as an exorcist." Of course I can. I don't need this job. In fact, this isn't even exactly a job. They don't pay me. All they do is give me a place to live and some delicious food to feed me.

"The only reason I'm here is because I wanted to stay with Allen nii-san. I mean, I did want to work as an exorcist. But if being one means that I have to stay in an asylum, then I'm quitting. My job is to destroy akumas. Not be an patient at a hospital."

"Exactly. You're job is to destroy akumas. Except you can't be near them without feeling sick. That's why you're here. You moron." The new voice startled me. I looked up to see Kanda, with his usual scowl on his face. Well, what he said just now was quite mean. But if he suddenly started to be nice to me, I'd be pretty freaked out.

"Go away, Kanda. No one likes you." I said to him, pissed off. This was not the time for some Kanda moods.

"I like Kanda-san!" I've only heard this voice once before. But when it meet my poor ears, I immediately knew who it belonged to. Saki. She hopped into the room with a grin on her face. Wow, she actually looked nice today. Her smile was genuine. Maybe she's happy that I'm in an asylum...But she didn't look like she was gloating and happy about someone else's unfortunate.

Now that I look at her more clearly, she was beautiful. Without that fake smile of hers, she looked stunning. And her hair was in big curls today. It suited her wonderfully. It's scary how different she can look with a real smile.

"Okay, Kanda lovers, go over there." I said pointing to a random corner. "And Kanda haters, come stand by me." Saki hopped to the corner I was pointing at. Komui got up and hopped over to the corner too. I stared at him with wide eyes. Is he for real? "T-traitor!" I accused.

Kanda smacked him in the head. Komui's reaction was instantaneous. Tears streamed down his face rapidly. "Kanda-kun's a big meanie!!!" He whined. Oh Gosh. This is one of the most irritating things that could ever possibly be possible. Actually...they're might be more annoying things.

But I smiled, anyway. They always manage to take my mind off things. I don't understand what Komui meant when he said that I couldn't leave the Order. But I'll worry about that later. "Fine! It's piss Akira-off Day, isn't it? And why the heck are you here?"

He held up a container, like it explained everything. I waited for him to elaborate. But he stayed silent. I bet he thinks he's so cool by staying quiet all the time. And when he does talk, all it does is either scare the living animals out of everyone or, in my case, annoy the poop into me.

Wait...what? That didn't make any sense. Oh, well, most things in my mind don't make sense. I get distracted to easily. "Okay, Mr. Silent, care to elaborate?" I asked, exasperated.

"You idiot. It's food." For me? I narrowed my eyes are him. If he brought it, I bet it's poisoned. Yes, he must've poisoned it. He would never do something this kind for people. Especially not me.

"What did you put in it??? Needles?! Instant death poison?! Or a slow painful death??!"

"I--" He started.