D. Gray Man~Secrets of The Order: Chapter Eight

D. Gray Man—Chapter Eight

                I bet he’s pissed. I hope he didn’t kill whoever has to wash our clothes. Or whoever’s in charge, ‘cuz I doubt someone actually hand washes them. Koumi-san has all kinds of random poop. I didn’t mean to get anyone killed...

                I walked into the cafeteria, head held high. Everybody should be thanking me. After all, I did them a great deed. My eyes roamed around the cafeteria looking for green hair.

                “Hey Lenalee!” I yelled across the room when I located her.

                She waved me over to where she sat.

                “Is Allen nii-san back?”

                She frowned, “I don’t think so...”

                I nodded unenthusiastically.

                “Oh, right, Nii-san wants to see you in his office.”

                “Is it a mission?”

                 “I don’t think so, he said it was about what happened on your last mission.”

                The memory of the akuma flooded into my mind forcefully. Why does it look so terrifying?! How come Lenalee doesn’t freak out like me? Am I weak or something?

                I nodded again, “Well, I guess I’ll head to his office now. See you later.”

                The walk to Koumi’s office was painfully short. I didn’t want to hear what he had to say. Whenever someone mentioned the word akuma, my heart rate would speed up and my breathing would quicken.

                “Koumi-san?” I almost whispered.

                “Akira-chan!” Even though he said it with enthusiasm, it was obvious something was wrong, “How are you today?”

                Okay, something is definitely wrong, he never asks ‘how are you today?’.

                “I’m...fine.” I replied carefully.

                He sighed, oh gosh, not good.

                “Akira-chan, how are you with fears?”

                I frowned, “Fears?”

                “Yes, fears.”

                “Um, well, I think fears are natural. And that we can get over them if we take the time to try. So basically I think fears aren’t that much of deal.”

                “Oh, well that’s good to hear,” he piped, a little more spirit in his voice.

                “So did you find out why I freaked out last time?”

                “This is why I called you down here. The only reason I came up with is that...is that you...” he trailed off.

                “Keep going,” I encouraged.

                He cleared his throat, “The only reason I came up with is that...you have a fear of akumas.”

                I laughed, I don’t know why, I just laughed, “That’s silly, how can I be afraid of akumas? I’m an exorcist!”

                He shook his head as if I didn’t understand, “Akira-san it doesn’t matter if you’re an exorcist or not. Fighting akumas is horrifying. It’s a life or death situation. Any person that faces an akuma will feel frightened. No matter how skilled they are. There’s always that small chance that they might fail to destroy it. And you, you’re petrified of akumas. Isn’t that what you felt when you saw that akuma last time?”

                I nodded my head.

                “Exactly. You felt an immense amount of fear.”

                “So...I have a phobia of akumas?”

                “Yes,” he said solemnly.

                “How come I didn’t freak out when akumas attacked the train station?”

                “I think it was that attack that triggered the fear. At first, it was just there, it was probably that attack that front that concern to the surface.”

                I smiled, a big grin, “Well, when you asked me what I thought about fears, what did I say?”

                “That it wasn’t a big problem.”

                “Yep, so that means I’ll get over it,” I kept the big smile on my face, “Like every other fear, it’ll go away one day, even if it takes forever.”

                The atmosphere changed drastically, suddenly the grave expression turned back to its normal state. The bright smile came back to his face. I ignored the water that was almost out of my eyes. I tilted my head so that my most of my face was out of Koumi’s vision.

                “That’s the spirit Akira-channn!!” he said cheerfully.

                “Right, if that’s all you had to discuss with me then I’ll leave now.”

                “Okay, okay, tell Lenalee to come back me coffee!” he yelled after me.

                I ignored the yell and keep walking towards my room. Great, what’s Allen nii-san going to say?! Oh my gosh, I need to get over my fear!! An exorcist that has a phobia of akumas? Yes, that’s totally normal. I can’t be an exorcist like this!! I won’t be able to fight without have a freak attack. I’ll just be a hindrance.

 What if he’s disappointed?! Akira...you really screwed up this time. A stray tear rolled down my cheek. Why do I feel as if I should’ve just stayed back home and away from the Order. Why can’t I have a normal family? Koumi’s right, I don’t want to fight scary akumas. I want to be a normal kid going to school with a dad and a mom.

                I sprinted to my room before I burst out crying.

                What am I going to do?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter!! Big surprise there! Did you guys expect that? I hope not...

Comment, Vote, Fan??

Fan and I’ll dedicate the chapter to you :D

I know it’s another short chapter...but I have writer’s block for my other story and I’m working on these little tester stories thingy...I’m just writing different ideas and seeing if I have the energy to actually write it. I get writer’s block too easily -_____-

Good thing I don’t have it for this story just yet. But I’m sure it’s gonna come soon BLAH L

Hope you guys liked this!!!

You’ll see Kanda’s reaction next chapter

Love you guys!!!

PEACE XOXO