D. Gray Man~Secrets of The Order: Chapter Fourteen

D. Gray Man--Chapter Fourteen

I kept on slashing my scythe for hours. After I stepped out of the training room, my whole body was soaked in disgusting sweat. Kanda was harsh. His training is more like booty camp. He's also quite scary. It's like he was actually expecting me to become as good as him. NOT.

I slowly undressed and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water rinse the dirty sweat off of me.

Every hour, he would give me a half compliment. Main word being half. Not a full praise, but better then his mean remarks about how weak I was. I hated it even more when he didn't say anything at all. It was like he was giving me the silent treatment...

I turned the water off and hopped around trying to get my bath robe on. But failing epically of course. The water was making it immensely difficult.

"Ugh! Damn it!" I cursed, "I'm freezing to death here!! Why won't it just get on?!" I rampaged through the room, trying to slip the now wet bath robe on. Finally, the stupid thing wrapped around me. I fell back onto my bed, exasperated. The whole point of a bath robe is to keep you warm and dry you. But after fighting with the robe for 10 full minutes, you're not really cold anymore, or wet.

I slipped into my exorcist clothes and brushed my hair rapidly. I let out a sigh and pushed open the boring old doors. I almost had a heart attack when I saw what was standing there. Inhale. Exhale. Do not die, Akira.

Inhale. Exhale. I kept on breathing, keeping my eyes closed.

"Count to ten, Akira. And then he won't be there anymore," I reassured myself, "One, two, three, four, five, six--"

"Can you hurry up?" I could literally hear the scowl in his voice.

I opened my eyes reluctantly. He was still there.

"What do you want? Here to tell me that I lack strength? I hope you know that you've told me that about a thousand times already in the last 5 hours."

"Che."

"Whatever." If he was going to keep giving me one word replies, then I will too.

"What were you doing?"

I looked at Kanda, "What?"

"What were you doing in your room?"

"Uhhh," what is he talking about? Ohhhh, that..."I don't know what you're talking about." I gave a nervous laugh.

"Ahhhh!!! I'm freezing to death here," he imitated lamely. In fact, I don't he was actually imitating me. He sounded like he was just saying the same words.

"Ohhhhh, that," I said stupidly.

He looked at me expectantly.

"I was trying to get my bath robe on." He gave me a look that said, 'Seriously?'

"What?!" I defended myself, "I was freezing to death!!!"

"I heard that, moron."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Are you going to the cafeteria?"

He nodded, ever so slightly.

"You eat late. It's already 8. Who eats at 8?"

There was an awkward silence, then he said, "I do."

"Right...So, um...how's...life?"

He didn't answer. I'm guessing that he didn't want to talk to me. It's amazing that I actually managed to start a conversation with him. I'm just that amazing. Yes, I'm amazing. I giggled. I'm amazing!! Yes, I'm amazing. I giggled like a psycho again.