D. Gray Man~Secrets of The Order: Chapter Nine

D. Gray Man—Chapter Nine

                After an hour, my tears were dry. Even though I could still feel the overwhelming pain and the feeling of being lost, I didn’t have any tears to shed anymore. Everything seemed hopeless. My bed seemed too hard. My room seemed dark and depressed. I just wanted to throw my pillow and cry. But I’m already out of tears. So I picked up my pillow and chucked it at the dispirited wall.

                I didn’t bother turning on the light. I sat there in my gloomy room for what seemed like forever. Not moving, just sitting there thinking how screwed up my life is. So I came to be an exorcist, but now they’re telling me I have a phobia of akuma. How am I going to be an exorcist like that?! A humourless smile appeared on my dishevelled face. This is hilarious. I let out a high pitched laugh. It didn’t sound like me and it didn’t matter. Nothing mattered right now. All I ever wanted was a loving family.

                What do I get?

                An even more messed up life.

               Is Koumi going to let me go home? Unless I get over my fear, I can’t fight akumas, I’m just going to get myself killed.

                Wait, what if they don’t let me go home? I want to stay with Allen nii-san but this is just too much. I’ve been here for what, 5 days? And this is what I get.

                I started laughing again. A stray tear fell down my face. Guess I was wrong, there are more tears. I kept on laughing and giggling until I fell into dreamless sleep.

                 When I woke up the disgusted feeling evaporated slightly. I changed into my uniform and stared down at my shorts. Slowly, I pulled on my tights and slipped into my black shoes. I didn’t want to face anyone right now. I wanted to die.

                That was slightly exaggerated. But right now, I pretty much wanted to die. I’m weak. I’ll admit that, I didn’t want to face reality when it gets rough. I needed my pillar of support. And that was Allen nii-san. I needed to find Allen nii-san.

                I washed my face quickly to get rid of the redness around my aqua eyes. I practiced a steady smile and a normal laugh.

                My first instinct was to ask Koumi since he would know if Allen nii-san was back from the mission yet. Then I realized that I probably wouldn’t be able to face him after what he told me. I knew that he would be back to his usual cheerfulness...but I knew the tears would come again.

                Letting out a exasperated sigh, I headed out to find Lenalee. She’ll probably have a vague idea if Allen nii-san was back.

                Finding her was easy; she was in the research lab handing out coffee to everyone.

                “Lenalee!”

                She turned her head in my direction, “Akira-chan, I’ll be right there.”

                “Okay.”

                She strolled over after giving the coffee to Johnny.

                “Is Allen nii-san back?” I blurted before she said anything.

                She smiled, “Yeah, he came back about half an hour ago. Nii-san called him to his office.”

                “For another mission?” He just got back.