Chapter 20: Christmas Surprises

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters. They along belong to J.K. Rowling

Chapter Twenty: Christmas Surprises

Colette's Point Of View

I turned to my left and I saw my alarm clock. It read 11.43pm. It had been about two hours thirteen minutes since me and George fought, and the words he said were still as fresh in my head as the second they came out of his mouth. I didn't want to believe a word he had said. He was just trying to get back at me. Well, no. Not this time. I am not fighting his battle. It's his mess and he's gotta fix it. A girl can only help with so much you know.

Next minute the dorm door opened and rat-bag walked in. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I listen hard to what she was doing. There was some rustling, a creak of the floorboards and a puff noise from the bed as she sat down. I stayed as still as possible as the floor creaked again and the main dorm light went out. I heard her feet hit the floor as she paced back to her bed and the cover rustled. There was a click as her lamp went on and a slight scratching noise. Oh, must be writing a letter. I listened until about 11.52 and then gave up. Well, eight minutes till Christmas day and I'd never felt so bad in my life. I rolled over again as Angelina turned off her lamp and settled down. I felt a silent tear rolled down my cheek as I thought. There's eight minutes to Christmas and I hate my best friend. I fell out with the only person I'd ever felt closer to than Mrs Figg. A week ago, everything was fine and now I'm in this mess. What's going to go wrong next? Well, let's let someone else tell us...

I pulled the quilt up towards my chin and rested my chin on my fists. Wow this is boring. Life was on all time high a while ago, and now I'm depressed out of my mind. I flipped over to face the clock again and tried staring it out which only made the time go slower. I sighed and rolled onto my back again, looking up at the top of my four poster. So much room in this bed. I laid and listen to Angelina scratching on her paper and wondered what she was writing. She must've been going for about ten minutes now so it was one heck of letter. As if she'd read my mind, Angelina put her book down, flicked off her lamp and turned over. I heard her sigh as she pulled up her quilt and a quiet puff as her head hit the pillow. A small smile was on my face for an unknown reason as I flipped over to the left, staring at my alarm clock. 12.02am. Oh my goodness, it's Christmas day! I did a small happy dance before turning onto my stomach to sleep. And I swear blind, I could hear quiet sobs before the blackness took me in.

- - - -

I woke up next morning to find a deserted dorm room. I looked to the side and saw it was half past nine. I pulled myself out of bed and grabbed my underwear and a light purple top from my trunk and my bright pink jeans from in my drawers and walked into the bathroom. I threw my clothes onto the floor and stood up straight, looking at my hair in the mirror. I decided to wash it and quickly jumped into the shower and spent about 10 minutes in there before jumping out, drying my hair almost fully and put on all my clothes. I brushed my teeth and then stared at the eye-liner on the side of the sink. I debated using it but didn't accept it's offer, threw it back into my bag afterwards and pulling the comb through my hair. I walked out of the bathroom with my pyjamas folded over my arm, absent mindly looking around the dorm and tying my hair into a bun when I almost tripped over. I looked around and saw a book lying face down on the rug. Full of curiosity, I placed my pyjamas under my pillow and walked carefully towards the book. I picked it up and looked at the cover. It was just a brown book with a few flowers, hearts and stars scribbled on the front. Being the nosey sod I am, I slowly opened the book and read the first page,