First holiday

The school year dawn on slowly and soon came time for the holidays. Everybody was leaving for the holiday's except me. I was bummed out because all my friends were going home and I couldn't leave because I wasn't allowed to travel to the states by myself and there was a new wizarding law that teachers couldn't apparate with students because of the increased risk of being splinched. I sat in the library reading, there was no one around. I couldn't believe that every student in Hogwarts left for the holidays, every student but me.

The door to the library opened and in walked the last person I would ever want to see during the holidays, the pathetic holidays.

"You will be leaving to go home, go and get your things now" Snape hissed at me.

Wow, this man is never happy. I thought to myself as I looked into his face. I seriously wanted to say something but was it possible to get in trouble during the holidays?

"Sir, can I ask you a question."

He glared at me and I could have sworn I died a little inside. "What do you want" he all but bit off my head as he spoke those words.

"I was just wondering why you are mean to me. Did I do something wrong?" I couldn't help it as I began crying. "I'm sorry if I did" I blubbered.

I heard Snape take in a deep before before I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Please stop crying" he said in a lightened tone.

Did he just say please or was I hearing things. I tried my best to stop my tears but it took a few minutes before I relaxed.

"Look at me" he told me and I listened. "Please I don't want you to er, think I am a horrible person. Its just how I am as a person. I'm er sorry for er hurting your feelings."

I felt my face heat up as I knew I was blushing as his kindness. I wiped my eyes and smiled.

"You can go get your things and meet me by the castle doors." Snape replied and left.

Did I just reach Snape. He was seeming a bit nicer than normal. I wondered how long this would last as I headed up to my common room to get my things. I packed as fast as I could throwing things into my carry on bag before I headed to the castle doors.

"Where are we going?" I asked Snape as we headed towards the gates to apparate.

"We are goin gto the airport"

"Wizards fly?"

"In many ways than one" he laughed.

Did I hear that right? Did he just laugh.  He took my suitcase into his hand and grabbed my wrist securly with the other one before he turned on the spot. I will never get used to apparating if I kept feeling like I was being suffocated to death. When I opened my eyes I was staring at the entrance to the airport.

Severus kneeled infront of me. "We will be flying to America and as we board I will be posing as your father okay. As awkward as it sounds it is the only way for me to accompany you and because you are a young wizard you have to have a legal adult by your side when in the muggle community." I nodded my head and then we were off.

We made it through security and onto the terminal where we had to wait for what felt like hours, in reality it was 20 minutes. Relief flooded me when they began calling for boarding. Snape got to his feet once they called first class and I looked at him awkwardly before I followed him onto the plane. We sat down in our seats which were huge and waited as the rest of the plane was being boarded.

"We are flying first class?" I questioned him.

"I don't do sitting next to strangers in a cramped spaces. I like to stretch my legs."

We sat in silence for a few minutes - 20 to be exact - before we were taking off. I looked out the window as we were airborne and laughed. I couldn't help but be excited as I knew in about 7 hours I would be home. I don't remember falling asleep but when I woke up I was laying in Severus' arms and he was sleeping, or just had his eyes closed. The moment I moved he opened his eyes and looked right at me. I leaned quickly away from him and scooted as close to the window as I could.

"I'm sorry, I didnt-"

He held up his hand to silence me, only this time he seemed to be smiling? "It's okay" he mumbled before he leaned over me to look out the window. "It seems we are decending, we must be close. Are you happy to see your mum?" he asked me.

"I am always happy to see her, especially when she tells me stories about how her and dad met and fell in love." I frowned. "I miss him all the time."

I wondered to myself as we walked through the airport if Severus was going to join me and my mother at my house for a bit or just leave. I don't know why but I kinda hoped he would come visit. Now that he wasn't scary to me anymore I enjoyed his company. The moment we reached the bottom of the escalator I saw my mum. I couldn't be patient anymore so I ran the 20 feet into her arms. The moment her arms wrapped around me I began crying.

"I missed you so much." I cried.