Slytherin vs Gryffindor

I had spent the majority of my free evenings in training with my Gryffindor quidditch teams. Surprisingly I was a quick learner and was good at what I did. Two days before the first match of the season Professor McGonagall helped me purchase a new broom, a Nimbus 2000 and I had just recieved it. Today would be our last practice before my newly founded skills would be put to the test.

Wood had us use half the field and split the members of the team in half. I kinda felt bad for Wood as he had to block both the goals from both halves of the team, I thought that hardly fair but he seemed to do good even when they seemed to be trying their hardest. I found it interesting as I watched Fred and George try to beat each other to death, the only thing that kept me certain of who was who was the fact that their helmets had a letter 'F' and 'G' on it. I was cheering as Katie Bell had just scored a point, for which half of the team I have no idea.

The familiar sound of wings fluttered past my ear and quickly grabbed my attention, there is was hovering 4 1/2 feet to my left - the golden snitch. I leaned forward onto my broom stick and shot towards it. I loved the way the wind blew back my hair and it took every ounce of focus to not close my eyes and throw my arms in the air. 10 seconds into the chase I managed to snatch it. From the goals I heard Wood clapping loudly.

"I think that is your best yet! We are a shoe in for the win." he gloated.

I aimed my broom towards the ground and landed beside Fred who brought me into a noogie, I managed to bat his arms away before he screwed up my hair any worse than it already was from the wind.

"Oi squirt great chase eh" Fred snooted.

Fred was a good buddy. For some reason uncertain I was closer to him as a friend then I was to George. I guess it was the fact that Fred acted like a brother to me, I always wanted a brother.

"I reckon she is ready Wood, each catch is almost faster then the previous." Katie replied.

Katie was a nice gentle girl. Fred told me that Wood wanted to give her the spot as a beater and wanted George as a chaser but she had refused because she didn't want to have the job of trying to purposely hurt people. George willingly switched, and was happy to do so because now he would be in closer playing fields with his twin brother Fred.

We all huddled in close as Wood began his talk he always did before he ended practice.

"Please remember to go light on your lunch becaue I would rather not have my team vomiting all over the place. Stay out of trouble, I can't afford having another member in detention." He added, looking directly at Fred and George who snickered. "Lastly don't forget to be here early to get ready for the game, eat use the loo and then get back here." He finished before he shooed us off.

I was exiting the Quidditch cave when I was greeted by Hermione.

"You are a natural, then again so was Godric."

I smiled at her compliment then gave Ron and Harry each a grin as they walked towards us.

"Have fun?" Harry asked,

"Not at all" I said sarcastically.

"You will do great and maybe next year I will join."

"Actually Harry" Hermione began. "They only have trials when there are spots to be filled. The next person to leave the quidditch team will be wood since he is the only 6th year. Everyone else on the team is in their 5th year or below." she finished.

"They need to change that rule, its a bunch of crap if you ask me" Ron replied.

"You can't even fly Ronniekins" George teased as they eavesdropped on their conversation.