Diagon Alley

I was dreaming of my father, its what I dreamt of every night. We were in the park having a picnic with my mother. I threw water at my father and then we began a game of chase. I was running across the grass and he was chasing me, both of us were laughing, even as we tumbled to the ground. He was smiling as he looked at me.

A loud noise pulled me from my sleep. I sat up quickly and looked around.

"Mom..." I began. But as my eyes focused I remembered where I was.

"You will not be calling her name for quite some time silly girl. Get dressed we have to go and get your things from Diagon Alley you have a train to meet this evening." Severus spat.

I yawned as I got to my feet. As I began dressing a thought crossed my mind. I could have sworn Minvera said that I would be staying here for a few weeks. Maybe I misunderstood maybe she just meant he would be keeping a close eye on me for a few weeks. I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled on my peacoat and shoes and headed downstairs.

"Sir, what do I do with my things?" I asked him.

"You will return once more" he murmered as we walked outside and he took my arm.

Oh great here we go again. This time I took in a deep breath before we were able to apparate, this seemed a bit easier on my lungs. The next time I breathed I was standing in what seemed to be alley made up of stores. Slowly but surely I took in the view and a gasp escaped my lips as I realized that the magic was just beginning to become real to me.

"Where do we go first?" I asked as I eyed the wand shop. I felt the strong pull towards that place in perticular.

"Well since its common knowledge that you must have gold in order to purchase anything it would only be fitting that we go to Gingotts first" Severus said seething at her stupidity.

He honeslty couldn't believe that this girl that was the heir of one of the most brilliant wizards in history was seriously this dim whitted. Heading off towards the bank they entered and passed several goblin making their way to the front desk.

"We are here to gain access to Miss Gryffindors vault." Severus spoke.

The goblin before him eyed me carefully before nodding his head.

"Ahh another legend" the goblin spoke as they headed down a hall. 30 feet below they got off the cart and followed the goblin to a massive pair of doors. Taking his hand he pressed it up against the vault and immeadiately the doors opened to reveal a impressive amount of gold.

"This is mine?" I questioned.

The goblin nodded. "This is the vault of Godric Gryffindor himself, he was very wealthy in his time. This vault hasn't been touched since his passing since none of his qualifying ancestory had magical blood. So naturally you are the first in a very long time resulting in alot of years to gain interest in his gold."

The goblin gave me a coin purse and I went in and filled it with a large variety of coins. I didn't know how much I would need so I just stuffed a couple handfuls of each into the purse before tightening the drawstring.

"Ok I'm ready" I smiled.

For some reason unknown the ride back up felt longer then the ride down. I couldn't wait to buy my things and see what my wand would look like. That was the first place I wanted to go to. I smiled as I walked through the alley towards the store I wanted so badly to enter. Pushing the door I walked inside and before I knew he was there, a frail old man stood before me.

"I've waited so long to see you my dear. You may call me Ollivander." I nodded my head and smiled. "So which wand should we have you try first" he spoke as he reached out for a box nestled along the many rows of shelves upon shelves full of the rectangle packages.

I took the wand into my hand and gave it a wave, the fish bowl before me exploded.

"Oh!" I gasped in shock.

"No worries no worries dear girl that is the second time that has happened today, I am afraid to say Mr. Potter beat you to it."

After his reassurance I calmed down a bit and he handed me another which caused boxes to fly from the selves and fall to the floor. The next did a flip out of my hands and the one after that didn't do anything which was a relief to me as I was afraid what would happen next. I tried 30 other wands and none worked. I felt like a failure already, I couldn't even get a wand to pick me. My eyes looked out towards the window and saw a few kids walking by with their wands. My eyes suddenly saw a cushion in the window display, moving closer my breath caught in my throat as I realized it was a cushion with the family crest on it. Laying on the cushion was a wand and the plaque before it said 'Godric Gryffindor', my eyes widened.

"Can I hold this?" I asked Ollivander.

"If you are careful, after all it is the original wand of Godric himself."

I hesitated before I picked up the wand into my hands, it felt warm and homey.... it was glowing. I turned to look at Ollivander who was staring in shock and possibly mimicking the same surprised expression on his face that I was. What was happening?

Ollivander walked to my side and took the wand gently from my hands.

"It seems this wand has chosen you to be its new master" he whispered. Taking it he wrapped it up in a box and I paid for it. "Congradulations dear one." he said with a nodd.

Next up were my robes, Severus decided to wait outside as I went in. There was one other female in there standing on a stool as a witch was using magic to measure and hem the robes.

Another witch came from the back and guestured me towards the stool beside the girl. I took a stand beside her and she looked at me and smiled. The girl had brown hair and brown eyes, not to mention her brown hair was bushy which was a bit odd.

"Hello, I'm Hermione Granger. I'm shopping for my robes for my first year at Hogwarts." She finished.

This girl was very friendly, maybe we could end up friends.

"My name is Genesis Gryffindor and I'm here doing the same as well" I smiled back.

She gasped and at the same time the witches that were doing our fittings slipped up.

"What is wrong?" I asked looking back and forth between the three.

"Nothing is wrong" Hermione began. "Its just nice to meet a decendant of one of the most respected houses of Hogwarts."

"Oh" was all I said in response. I mean what on earth was I suppose to say?

30 minutes later the witches finished with our robes and we paid. After our 30 minute friendly conversation we decided to finish our shopping together. Once we were all finished and laden with oddly shaped boxes we bid fairwell to one another.

"I'll see you later on the train" she called to me as she walked off with her parents.

"Bye Hermione" I called over my shoulder as Severus and I headed toward an apparation point.

Finally I had something to look forward, my first friend. Now I couldn't wait to meet the train and see her again. She was really neat, smart and extremely friendly.  Severus had me grab firmly onto his arm before he turned on the spot and we were sucked through to nothingness. I took a deep breath as we appeared before the house and then we walked in. Severus walked with me up to my room to put my things there so I could pack everything I was taking into my school trunk.

I smiled as my fingers ran across my initials, G.G. After 3 hours of packing I had finally finished and was pulling the trunk downstairs when Severus announced it was time to go. The day passed by fast and I couldn't be happier, I wonder who else would become my friend and what house I would be in. That last thought was silly though since it was obvious I would be in Gryffindor, or atleast I hoped I would.