The Invitation

It was nearing the end of the first term. When the beginning of the school term started up again I would be in my second year. I was excited to see what would come from it. So far I had several nice friends and eve a few that I tried to like but wouldn't friend me. Ron was one of them. Apart from Ron was his brothers Fred and George who were so kind to me, especially Fred. I wondered what I would be doing during the break, that was until Fred came over and sat by me at the fire. I wondered what he was doing here, he should be at the dinner. Tonight they were announcing the winners of the house cup.

"Why aren't you down at the feast, don't you want to know who wins the house cup?" Fred asked.

I shook my head, "Not really, I am just trying to find out what I am going to be doing for the holidays. They wont let me return home because of what had happened last time so..."

"You should come home with me and my brothers, my mum would love to meet you"

"Where would I sleep?" I asked curiously.

"In my sister Ginny's room of course"

I smiled as I looked at him. I automatically noticed the way he was looking back at me, his smile seemed genuine and pure, his eyes seemed to light up and sparkle and his smile seemed to reach his eyes. Slowly Fred leaned toward me before he jumped away when our peers flowed happily into the common room cheering.

"We won the house cup!" they shouted.

All the Gryffindors were throwing around confetti and playing with snappers, this caused an annoying ruckus in the common room that I wanted to get away from. I got to my feet and quickly left the common room and just began wandering. I came to a room that was empty and thought it looked inviting.

I closed my eyes and relaxed, thinking about my next year and all that I would be learning. It was nice until the door opened and in walked Draco. He took five steps into the room and stopped.

"Gyffindor" he spat.

"Draco, stop trying to be a pratt you can't fool me. Plus no one is here but me so you don't need to pretend." I told him.

The smug look on his face faltered before he took seat beside me. "Hey" he murmered

"Hi"

"Are you going home for the holidays?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "No but I might be going to the Weasleys"

Draco's face seemed to grow sad before my eyes. "That kind of sucks, I wasn't going home either and thought it might be nice to have some company."

It became apparent to Genesis that Draco seemed to be different when it was just her and him. That made her curious and she began to wonder.

"Why did you save me Draco?"

"I already told you why" He said as he stared at the floor.

"You didn't tell me everything though did you?"

Draco shook his head. "I'd rather not talk about it"

Just then Ron walked in stopping in his tracks. "I knew it, you are two timing us. "Ron drew out his wand and pointed it at me."

"You have got to be kidding me" I mumbled fr as I stood to my feet. "What is your problem with me? Why are you so desperate to hate me?"

"I don't know what you are talking about" Ron lied.

Fred peeked into the room and smiled when he saw me. "Hey Genesis I've been loo-" He paused mid sentence when he saw his younger brother pointing his wand at me. "What the hell are you doing Ron? I knew you disliked Genesis but I didn't think you disliked her this much."

"What do you mean? You know why he hates me?"

Fred pushed his brother out of the way, taking his wand in the process and crossed the room. "Of course I do, he has been mumbling about it every chance he gets. My dear brother is afraid you will steal his best friend. He has been going on about it since he heard that you were also a chosen one. He thikns because you two have a lot in common Harry will want to be closer friends with you."

Genesis stared at Ron with disbelief. "You have got to be kidding me. Me trying to steal your best friend, how childish it that. Sure Harry is a good friend but Hermione is and will always be my best friend. You had to obviously realize that best friends have things in common, where as Harry and I hardly have any. I just really wish you would've told me instead of tried to make my life a living hell." Genesis finished. Ron didn't speak but he only blushed deeply, even his ears were a crimison color. I looked at Ron and couldn't help but forgive him. I walked forward and hugged him comfortingly. "Hey its okay, I forgive you. Next time just tell me if you have a problem okay?" Ron nodded his head as he stepped back awkwardly.

Draco got up from his spot and left silently. Fred who was still in the room cross and gave his brother a noogie before pulling me into a hug.

"So do you want to come home with us?" Fred asked me.

"Of course!"

"Thats cool, Harry and Hermione will be there too" Ron spoke up.

Fred lifted me onto his back and the three of us headed back to the common room where everything was surprisingly quiet. I couldn't wait to leave but I also couldn't wait to return.