Chapter 18- Empire State of Heart

When we landed in New York, all I had in mind was the "Empire State of Mind" song, the one they sang on GLEE. Don't get me wrong,Glee is a pretty good show.

At least when they're not angry about something.

So anyway, we were in the airport in Manhattan ,waiting for our luggage. Elliot was standing near the carousel, and I was sitting down on a bench beside him. Now, before you call me a lazy ass you should know that I WOULD be standing beside Elliot if it wasn't for the man himself. Just because of a small incident in the plane he wants me to sit down and do NOTHING. God.. He's probably just embarrassed.. I'm not though.. It's a natural thing that happens.. Right?

3 HOURS AGO

"Ladies and gentlemen we are going through some turbulence. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened."

I gulped, with a bead of sweat gliding down my forehead.  My stomach was being a jerk, CLEARLY not understanding that on a plane, one should not gurgle every 20 seconds. And every time that my damn stomach gurgled, Eli would look at me with a worried look on his face.

"Are you SURE you're okay??"

"I'm FINE. Stop worrying and watch your movie."

"Okay. If you need anything just tell me."

We both turned around and faced the little screens in front of us. i was watching "Red Riding Hood". The one with Amanda Seyfried.. It's my new favourite movie.

The wolf bit off a man's hand, and my stomach turned like it had never before.. I felt super queasy, and hit Eli on the shoulder.

"Ow! What the hell."

"I do-on't feel so good."

"Holy crap you're green!! Let's get you a bag.."

He rummaged through the pouch in front of him and pulled out a small plastic bag. I ripped it out of his hands and threw it against my mouth. Just in time.

And that's what I did for the remaining two hours of the flight. The nice ladies on the plane brought me more puke bags, cups of water and tried to reassure the others around me (who looked pretty traumatized..)

Elliot was beside me, rubbing my back, which would have felt really nice if I wasn't puking the food I ate from the past 2 days. 

We finally landed in Manhattan, and the air hostesses let us get off the plane first. As we walked by the other people, I got a variety of looks. There were disgusted looks, sorry looks, angry looks,even a few amused looks.. I just nodded my head at them. But I felt kind of bad.

"Elliot.."

"Are you gonna puke again? Oh man.."

"I'm not!! I just feel bad for the other passengers.. I sorta ruined their trip."

He pulled me closer to him.

"It's okay. It's not your fault that your stomach was being a bitch."

"Well, when you put it that way.."

"I'm teasing you. You couldn't have prevented it. When that stuff happens, it happens. Whether we like it or not."

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

He pulled me into a hug, and I fit my head into the groove of his neck. We fit perfectly together.

"You smell like puke."

"I know."

After that touching moment, I ran off to the bathroom and gasped when I saw my face. Ew?