Chapter Eight: The Aging Potion

I really didn't know what the hell that was. In fact it was pretty much my first encounter with peer pressure....but from a teacher. A professor. I didn't even want to think about it.

When I entered the room of the Goblet of Fire, I saw more people than I had originally thought to be in there. Scores of Gryfinndors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and even a few Slytherin came to watch people enter their names. I noticed in a group of seats were Ron, Harry, Hermione and Seamus. I decided to go sit with them.

"Hey Ella." Ron said. "Sorry about....you know."

"You know what?" Interrupted Hermione.

Ron and I exchanged wary looks before I finally explained. "Fred, George and I were working on an aging potion to get into the Goblet of Fire -"

"You what?! Ella how could you?! That's so dangerous! You could get into so much trouble."

I noticed Harry smirk at Hermione's over-reaction. I said nothing as she continued.

"Anyway it's not going to work."

At once I felt a mixture of rage and degrading coldness. "Oh really?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

Who is she? Does she really think she's THAT smart?

"Yes really. Dumbledore drew the age line himself." She replied.

"So?" I frowned.

"So no one like Dumbledore can be fooled by a pathetic student-made aging potion. It takes years to perfect one." She said it so matter of factly it made me sick.

Suddenly a roar of cheers filled the room as the twins victoriously marched in with the viles in the air. Hermione scowled at them as they made their way towards Harry.

"Well lads, we've done it! Cooked it up just this morning!" They said. 

Hermione rolled her eyes. "It's not going to woorrkkk."  Bitch. 

The pair gathered to Hermione and got up in her face. "Oh yeah? Why is that Granger?" 

I smiled at their defiance. 

Hermione pointed to the blue line that encircled the goblet. "See this?" She said. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself." 

"So?" Fred asked. 

Hermione closed her book and slammed it down. "So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly fooled by something as pathetically dim witted as an aging potion." 

I rolled my eyes.

Here she is, ruining my idea. Fred and George couldn't possibly trust me over her.

But then Fred said: "But that's why it's so brilliant." 

"- Because it's so pathetically dim witted." George followed. 

I grinned. They always knew what to say. They laughed standing up, shaking the viles and opening them.  
"Ready Fred?" 
"Ready George!" 

They held the viles over their mouths as they said together "Bottoms up!" With that they skulled the potion down. I held my breath as they jumped over the age line. Nothing happened. I grinned. 

"Yeahhh!!!" They chorused. Everyone cheered and clapped as the laughed at their triumph. Then they held their papers up to the goblet. "Ready?" With that they threw them in. It worked!

"Yeaaahhh!" At once everyone cheered and hoorayed for them. I smiled and glared at Hermione.

Not so smart now.