Prologue: Voldemort's Daughter

1977, Malfoy Manor

"We must get rid of the Order before they destroy us." says Lord Voldemort to his faithful death eaters as they passed sneers at ear other. He takes a short smile at his most faithful and devoted death eater, Bellatrix Lestrange as she glanced one back. It was too bad she was married.

"That is all for tonight" he finished as everyone got up and left the room.

After all had left, Bellatrix was the one to linger behind. A look of shame and fear ridden on her beautiful mature face. 

"Bella?" Voldemort smiled to himself - he was hoping to speak to her again.

"My Lord," she sighed, as if to mentally prepare herself. "could I speak to you for a minute?" When she was sure that the last of the death eaters had left - her husband included - she slowly closed the door.

"Yes Bellatrix?" he replied softly.

Another sigh escaped as she nervously laced her hands together. "It's about..the thing that happened..between us..the night after we tortured those muggles together a few weeks ago.."

 "Yes?" A smirk lit up on his face. "That was..an interesting night. But you must understand Bella, I made it clear - I don't feel what you do for me. I'm incapable of lo-"

"It's just that something's happened." She pinched herself for interrupting him, but she hated to hear the truth. She knew that he could never love her, she just didn't like to hear it.

A look of confusion crossed Voldemort's face. "I don't understand."

Bellatrix clenched her jaw and slowly came to rest her hand on her belly. "I'm....I'm carrying your child." 

Good God. 

Lord Voldemort's face carried a look of confusion and shock as Bellatrix hesistantly continued. "I just went to see the doctor and..."

"But you're married?!" protests Voldemort as he widens his eyes. If Rodolphus found out about this, he may start a mutiny. These were dangerous times. 

"P-Please don't be angry with me -" Rare tears grew hot in Bella's eyes. Voldemort looked at the woman in pity. 

"Bella I could never be angry with you." He laid a hand on her shoulder. He would never want Bella to think for even a second that he would attack her - while he may be incapable of love in his mind, he still valued the loyalty she had for him.

"It does not matter to me - the child." He sighed. "I can see what you are asking for. I will give you time off for a while and- and..." he couldn't bring the words to say it. "the child can stay with me. I will pretend I adopted her"

A small smile erupted on Bella's face as more hot tears of love built up in her eyes. She wanted so bad to wrap her arms around him, but she couldn't. Anyone could walk in now. "Thank you my lord." she says with a smile hidden in the corner of her mouth.

Voldemort straightened his back. He knew that in times like these he couldn't afford to be seen as a love-sick warlord - not that he could ever admit to loving anyone. 

"We mustn't tell a soul." he said, his voice stern-tinted. "That goes for anyone, especially Rodolphus." says Voldemort as Bellatrix nods respectfully, her tears gone, her face serious once more like a child listening to their parents. With masterful skill, she regained her posture and her neutral facial expression, slowly making her way from the room.  

As she closed the door Voldemort was left in shock. Bellatrix Lestrange was pregnant, he was going to be a father.