Chapter Seven: Severus Snape

In the first week of my new year at Hogwarts, I spent 20% of my time focusing on school, and the other 80% of it with Fred and George. I really liked these guys. They weren't half introverted, like Draco, or cold hearted, like Lucius. They made Malfoy Manor seem like the most depressing estate in Britain.

After my suggestion of the aging potion, we slowly began to work at it. The two of them thought it seemed like a great idea, but they weren't sure how to make one. Fortunately I did. I used to make them when I wanted to get into the over-17 clubs. (yes, I know)

Unfortunately Ron intruded on us making the potion and knocked the jar of crushed beetle shell into the toxin.

"That bloody idiot!" George cursed. "It took us two days to process the potion and now you've gone ahead and ruined it!"

I shrugged, maybe it was a sign that the tide was against us, but George in particular was too keen to get into the Goblet of Fire to give up now.

"You know," Fred began. "it wasn't exactly the whole jar of crushed beetle shell that fell in. It was only say..about.. erm Ella?"

"About a tablespoon?" I suggested, also feeling the vibe of make-George-feel-better. "Which isn't too bad" I continued. "I mean, I could try and filter it out. It may take a while but it'll be done before the champions are unveiled tonight?"

The two of them grinned. I felt like such a hero around these guys, unlike when I was with Draco. Earlier that day, when I was waiting for the twins in the quad, Draco and his mates approached me.

"Waiting for the blood traitor Weasleys are you, Ella?" He said provocatively.

"Shut your stupid face Malfoy." I lashed back.

"Getting all defensive for blood traitors?" He turned to his friends and jeered. "Next thing you know, she'll be hosting charity events for mudbloods and squibs at the Manor. My father would love that."

"Sure." I said. "Then when I start my mud blood uprising, you'll be the one running to Mummy asking her to kiss your ass better."

"The ends coming for you, blood traitor!" He spat. "Pathetic little orphan."

I lost my temper, but I didn't pull out my wand. Instead, I marched right up to him, so my breath hit his. As my fist hit his face and he was straight on the ground, I heard the twins behind me, cheering - but it wasn't over yet, at least not until Professor McGonagall intruded on the fight. I was the one with the fists out, and so I got the blame. Yet as well as a week of after-school detention polishing the picture frames in the upstairs and downstairs corridors, I also recieved a letter from Lucius: 

Ella, 

Professor Snape sent me an owl regarding your quarrell with my son. I'll have you know that if you ever touch my son again I'll have you sent on a train straight back home, and I won't even hesistate to use the crutiatus curse. Until that day comes, I have recieved instructions for you to have private dark arts lessons with Severus Snape, as Hogwarts does not offer them and your father would have wanted you to have them. 

Don't do it again. 

- Lucius 

The letter burst into flame after I had finished reading it - a charm he had probably set so that I couldn't show anyone. I rolled my eyes and clenched my jaw.

So the Malfoy's don't trust me. Big deal! As soon as I turn seventeen, I'm leaving the Manor and joining some anti-pure blood association just to piss them off.  

I managed to adjust the consistancy of the aging potion to try and make it work. Fred and George gave me such a thrill of pride that all I wanted to do was please them, and if that meant making a now partially screwed up potion work then that's what it'll be.