3 - Oh Hello?

~○Alexis's POV○~

My eyes slowly reopened as the car pulled to a halt. the blurred landscape of a mansion became clearer with every blink. Soon finding Mystique open my side of the car. She offered a friendly hand, I took it; climbing out the car.

How long had I been asleep for? The walk to mansion felt like I was walking on a cloud. My legs felt numb and my body felt faint, as if I was going to collapse. I gripped Mystique's hand as my knees gave in...

The cold feeling of dampness trailed across my forehead. Multiple voices sounded around me. Two of them which belonged to Mystique and the older looking man.

The rolling of wheels rolled closer towards me. My thoughts and memories felt like they were being invaded, like someone was controlling my mind. I could feel their presence inside my head, searching through recents happenings and trying to recover old ones that I've tried to forget.

One, memory I tried to forget.

The, memory I've tried to forget.

This person was trying to uncover.

"Alexis, let me in." The voice echoed, I struggled to block the voice. My eyes snapped open. I tried moving my limbs, which came to no prevail. The only body part I could move was my head. I rolled my head to the side seeing the familiar blue elegant body by my side.

"W-Why can't I move?" I whimpered.

"My dear, I have put your body in a temporary paralysis state. You wouldn't cooperate with anyone." I rolled my head to the side. A man in a wheelchair, looked down on me before averting his gaze towards the surface I laid upon. I just managed to turn my head enough to see the surface had been clawed.

"T-That was me?" I stuttered, "But how? My ability is to control Fire." I searched any of their faces, all looking as blank as the next. "Somebody answer my question - and take this stupid paralysis off me!" I growled.

I tried getting up, I tried rolling. It was only building up so much frustration. "Alexis, my dear, calm down." I struggled and turned. My head writhing from side to side, in hopes that I'd miraciously break free.

My heart was beating at a rapid pace, too fast for my breathing. A strange tingly feeling ran down my hands towards my clenched fists. The strange feeling turn into a painful sensation. I shut my eyes tight, hearing a metallic sound my eyes slowly opened. The pain vanished in an instant.

With barely any effort I rolled my head over to the side. My eyes grew big in amazement. "Oh hello?"

The paralysis was starting to undo, starting with my hands. My new found claws reflected off the light greatly, almost blinding to look at. They weren't that long but could still do damage. "H-How is this even possible?" I asked distantly, carefully examining my hands, "It's complete metal?"

"The metal of which your claws are made from is called Adamantium, making your claws indestructible." Mystique added, "It's the strongest metal known to man."

I should've really freaked out about this but they were too fascinating. The paralysis was slowly wearing off, enough for me to sit up. Adamantium? I thought. I've never heard of that type of metal before.

"How do I get them to go back." I asked, looking at the man in the wheelchair.

"Just relax." Mystique cut in. The claws slowly slid back, I winced at the pain, it felt like a thousand needles being injected into me at once, "It will hurt until you get used to it."

"Mystique, why don't you take Alexis up to her room while Charles and I talk."

She carefully scooped me up in her arms and began walking, I looked at her but her eyes wouldn't meet mine. Something about her was gentle amd motherly like but masked with anger and regret.

The way she stood up against my parents was like I was her own, like I was her flesh and blood, "Are you going to continue to stare at me?"

"Oh, er, s-sorry." I stuttered, focusing on my immobile legs. An awkward silence between the both of us filled the hallway.

So many questions filled my head that I wanted to ask her that I but I objected against it, maybe tomorrow would answer them for me.

Mystique stopped at medium sized bedroom, it looked perfect. She carefully laid me down on a plush bed, I could feel my toes starting regain feeling, I smiled softly at her as she grabbed a set of clothes and laid them on the bed.

"When your legs are able to move, change into these - if you need anything, I'm down the hall."

"Er Mystique?" I called, she turned around, "Goodnight." I smiled

The faintest of smiles appeared on her lips before she close my new bedroom door....

A.N: So I wasn't sure about the ending, I'll probably change it later. But hey it's something right? I know these two have been short chapters but I'll try and make the next one longer <3

Is Alexis getting tough love from Mystique?

And I hope you weren't expecting the new gift...and Professor Xavier Ahah. Anyway, could you vote and comment...thank you!