2 - New Life

~○Alexis's POV○~

My head rest against the window of the car. I couldn't think straight, watching fire engines whiz past us and the blaze of fire that I once called home crumble down. My skin was still hot beneath my clothes. But yet, I didn't feel a thing.

Crowds of people watched on the sidewalk, watching the fire spread across the street, "I think they've suffered enough...stop the fire Alexis."

I'm still controlling it? "I-I don't know how to stop it..." I stammered, her cool blue hands un clenched my fists, laying them in her palm. I looked behind, the fire had almost stopped in an instant. "Wow..." I breathed, watching the building fall ash by ash.

I turned back to meet her unnatural eyes, my eyes followed down her body, the patterns were fascinatinating. Her skin began to change, her pigment becoming lighter but tanned. She changed into me. A small smile crept onto her lips, well mine, before it twisted into pain. She rolled up my sleeve revealing my cuts and bruises from the abuse I got at home.

I looked away ashamed, painful memories began replaying in my mind. The screaming. The shouting. The bruises. I closed my eyes, the screaming got louder. It almost felt as if they were next to me, as if they were memories that were going to become my reality once more.

My lungs sharply inhaled causing my eyes to snap open in time, I stopped my face from colliding with the chair in front. The car stopped and the look of confusion quickly flushed my face.

I peered through the tinted windows, the road was blocked off by police cars. My heart rate was starting to pick up, if they found me I'd be put in an orphanage.

"Alexis..." My head snapped towards her, she put her fingers against her lips, an evil smirk played behind it. She gestured to the small gap between the seat in front and mine. I clambered down; curling up into a ball.

A thick dark piece of clothing covered me, ultimately shading me. The gust of wind that accompanied the window opening traveled up the covering; sending a shiver down my spine, I shuddered using little movement to seal the opening.

"What seems to be the problem officer?" I held my breath in fear of the police hearing me. My heart pounded against my rib cage, the fear of getting caught was making my breathing become rapid.

"As you can see down the street there was a burning house, the Cromwell's did reside there. We just learnt that they had a daughter, looking about 8 or 9 years of age...so we would like to check the car."

A little noise creaked out of my mouth as the doors opened, I bit my lip, preventing me from whimpering. Through the tiny gap that allowed me to see, she was slowly changing back to her normal form. It was even more facisinating to watch up close when the door behind me opened.

The officer ripped the piece of clothing off me, I screamed and just as he grabbed my hand everything happened too fast to comprehend. Before I knew it, the two officers had fallen to the ground, with blood pouring out of their necks.

She hovered over them with sadistic smile placed on her lips. "Mystique, enough!" I watched her climb back into the car as if what just happened was normal. The car quickly started, I clambered back onto my seat; clipping my seatbelt.

My gaze shifted to my street behind me, everybody thinks that nobody survived the house fire.

Nobody knows I'm still alive.

A small smirk appereared on my lips.

I could start a new life.