Step 12

Get a pet

I couldn't stop a laugh escape me when I looked at the red handbag in my hands. Matty and his ideas were definitely special - I wasn't sometimes sure if it was in a good way special or more in a bad way! He kept mocking me the entire evening with the fact that he managed to fool me like that and would get a punch from me whenever he did so. We had spent around four hours with Ky and Tracy while eating Chinese food and chatting or watching a movie. It was actually fun and I figured out that Ky was just as easy to get along with as Matty. Normally Tracy wasn't that fast up for making new friends but this time it was different.

There was a light knock at the door interrupting my thoughts and bringing me back into reality. I let out a sigh before quickly putting the bag back down. "Come in, all clothes on!" I joked and a few seconds later Matty walked into the room "How is the patient doing today?" I rolled my eyes before faking a long heavy sigh and putting the back of my hand in a dramatic way against my forehead "I am not sure, I feel kind of... lonely. You know no clothes in my life make me feel as if I am all alone." He gave that a thought and seemed to space out before I snapped my fingers twice in front of his face "You okay over there?" He blinked before remembering where he was and quickly nodding his head "Yes, I am sorry, I spaced out!" I chuckled "I recognized that! What made you space out?" There was a handclapping "Well I came up with an idea how you won't be that lonely anymore. Since we already went through that men hunting thing and it wasn't that bad but still not the right thing I thought about the following: what if we get you a pet? I already informed me and they said pets are no problem in that house and you don't have any allergies!" At the word pet my eyes lit up. I was in love with cats but whether wasn't allowed to get one by my dad or didn't have the time to actually get one. I nodded my head full of excitement. "Really?" he asked surprised by my reaction. "Hell yeah! I love cats and always wanted a little cat. They are so cute and fluffy and all!" I answered throwing my hands up into the air. He laughed and clapped me onto the shoulder "Then we should get going, Tomson! No time to loose." I nodded "Sure, I will just quickly grab a bag and then we can go!" After that said I left Matty behind me in my room and went over to my closet to find a bag. I would finally get a pet! I still couldn't believe it. I wasn't sure what bag to take but I decided to go for a small one. In case I would find a pet I didn't want the bag in my way. Yes I was planning which bag I would take in condition of the occasion I was visiting!

************************

"Would you please stop jumping up like a psych?" Matty asked when we were sitting in a cab and I couldn't stop jumping up and down. Looking at the driver Matty flashed him an apologetic smile explaining "I am sorry, she is getting a pet" I quickly interrupted with a serious face "A baby cat! A little kitten, isn't that amazing?" Matty let out a long sigh - I believed to calm down his nerves - before continuing "And she is quite excited since she always wanted one!" I nodded my head in agreement still having the serious face. The driver chuckled before focusing back onto the road.

Five minutes later we arrived and I didn't even wait for Matty opening the door and just jumped out running towards the entrance. Matty caught up with me, grabbing my shoulder "Easy over there! There is no need to be in a hurry. So keep calm and don't hurt anybody. Got that?" I nodded while pouting and impatiently tapping my food onto the ground. When Matty released my shoulder I quickly went into the house. It was a home for animals which they picked up from the street and we picked it because we heard it was overloaded with animals. When we walked in we were greeted by loud noises coming from the various animals behind the doors. I walked straight up to the lady at the desk in the entrance area and flashed her my biggest smile. She looked at me - responding my smile - before her eyes flickered over to Matty where they stayed - for a really really long while.