Step 3

Move in with her

"Good morning!" Matty smiled as I opened the door. "Hey! What are you doing here so early?" I asked him. He shrugged "Since your dad organised holidays for me so that I can help you I have nothing to do and I thought we could hang today!". I took a step back to let him in "Sure, I didn't have breakfast yet. Do you want to see another plus of the Upper East side?"

"I would love to!"

We both walked over into the living room where the table was full of food. There were fruits, breds, jogurt, cereals, orange juice and tea and honestly: that was one of the biggest pluses of the Upper East Side! "You eat a lot for breakfast!" he stated his eyes wandering over the table. A sheepish smile appeared on my face "To be honest, I some how expected that you would come over!". He raised an eyebrow before a smirk appeared on his face "You missed me! Oh my god. You really missed me!" he laughed and clapped in his hands joyfully. "No I didn't I just wanted to be prepared!" I answered blushing.

Stupid blush!

"Whatever lets you sleep at night!" he answered before falling down on one of the chairs. I sat down on the opposite and we both started to eat in silence. After we finished I gave him a questioning look "What are we going to do today? Anything special planned? Another step?". He shook his head "No today we just get to know each other better so that things won't be so weird anymore after a while. I nodded while eating my mango "Seems fine with me. So what about I show you my world and you show me your world with the help of movies?".

"What exactly do you have in mind?"

"Each of us get to pick two movies - doesn't matter if it is a season from a TV series or an actual movie - which shows the other one some how the world we live in!" I explained. He thought about it before he nodded "Okay, sounds like a plan!"

Of course I was going to show him episodes from Gossip Girl but I wouldn't let him know that just yet.

While we were watching one of the episodes - the first one from the second season, my all time favorite! We heard the elevator open and unfamiliar men walked in carrying some boxes. I paused the movie before we both got up and walked over to where the men were walking. I blocked the path of one of them before he could follow the other two all the way up to the guest suite. "Excuse me asking, but where are you going and what exactly do you guys think you are doing?" I asked looking at him while tapping my foot on the ground unpatiently. "We are bringing these boxes into the guest suite as he told us to do" the man answered poletly. "And who is this 'he'?" I continued. "Mr. Tomson who hired us". I could tell the man was feeling uncomfortable in his position. Of course he did, my attitude towards him wasn't the friendliest one! "Oh yeah, who else then my lovely father? Don't worry, for now you can bring those boxes upstairs I will sort things out with Mr. Tomson. Do you know where he is?". He just shook his head and quickly made his way up the stairs once I let him pass. "What's going on?" Matty asked as he came up to me. "My dad is wrong! He has somebody moving in without letting me know!" I answered and pulled out my phone. Then I went trough my contacts looking for my dad. It took him nearly one minute to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey dad! How are you?"

"Uhm, okay, why do you ask? If you want to go shopping: no way!"

"I don't want to go shopping. I just wondered why the hell people are carrying boxes into the guest suite and who is moving in!"

I tried my best to keep my voice calm but it wasn't that easy.

"Matty of course! He is your coach now so I thought it would be the best if the two of you move together for that time!"

I turned around to face Matty and my eyes narrowed. He gave me a questioning look, pointed at himself and then raised his arms in surrender.