This isn't you

Tony was struggling to keep Kali's fist from his face. She had knives in her belt, and Tony went for one. Kali caught his hand before he could touch it, and she twisted it around. 
  Tony groaned out in pain. If it wasn't for his suit, he wouldn't have had a hand. Tony swung his bad hand at her face, effectively knocking her off of him. He took this opportunity to take the lead in the fight. He threw some punches on her, but she was blocking them left and right. He probably would've gotten a few punches in if he could use both hands. 
  Kali caught his hand and kneed him in the stomach. It did nothing. Tony barked a laugh, but Kali wouldn't have it. She kicked out again, sending Tony flying off her. She jumped up, grabbing a knife from her belt. She ran over to Tony, who was know standing, and threw her knife. Tony shot it away with his repulsor, but Kali was already in his face. She grabbed onto his shoulders, flipping herself over him. Before she landed, she kicked the back of Tonys' knees, making him fall. She clasped her arm around his neck and took another knife from her belt. She stuck it into his arc reactor, making the light go off. 
   Tony took in a sharp breath, remembering that he took it out of his body. 
"Tony!"
   Kali's head snapped to the fight going on between Bucky and Steve. They were rolling around on the floor, throwing punches. The shield was thrown to the side. Blood was on both of their faces.
  "Get into his head-" Tony started, but Kali ripped his helmet off his head. 
"What the-"
 Tony's voice cut off as Kali knocked him out. He fell to the ground in a heap, his armour clanging. She dropped his helmet and whipped the blood off her face.

    "Bucky, this isn't you."
He got nothing but more punches.
 "Buck, please, you know this isn't you." 
Steve's please were cut off after every word, the punches slurring his words. He rolled on top of Bucky, aiming another punch. His punches weren't as strong as they could be. 
  He caught Bucky's shoulders, holding him down. 
"Buck, listen to me. You are not Winter, you are James Buchanan Barnes, and I'm with you to the end of the line."
 Steve was trying what worked last time. Sadly, it didn't have the effect he wanted. It did something for him, Steve could tell in his eyes, how they were different. He had to keep trying.
  "Bucky-"
Steve was thrown to the ground, right next to his shield. Kali stood over him, knives in hand. 
 Right then, Kali said the first words Steve had ever heard her say. She pulled down her bandana, letting it fall around her neck.
    "How long until you quit?" Her voice had a hint of Russian in it.
Steve stood up, placing his hands in fists in front of him. 
 "I could do this all day."

A man laughed, looking down at a small frame. The small man threw a soft punch, and the man grabbed his hand and punched him back, making him knock into the garbage cans. The man was ready for another punch when he came into the scene.
  He grabbed the man's shoulder, pulling him back.
"Hey, pick on somebody your own size!"
 The man stumbled back but went for another punch at the new intruder. The new man saw it coming and punched him in the face before he could touch him. He kicked the man from behind, making him run away.
  "Sometimes I think you like being beat up." He said, turning around to face the small man.
"You got your orders?"
  He hesitated before he felt himself stiffen.
  "107th, Sergeant Barnes. They're shipping me off tomorrow morning."

   Bucky's eyes widened, taking in the scene in front of him. Kali and Steve stood facing each other. They were both ready to fight. 
  Kali had knives while Steve had his fists and his shield on the floor. Just as both parties got ready to swing, Bucky jumped up from his spot on the ground, diving for Kali. 
  He hit Kali with all of his body, knocking them both to the ground. They lay beside an unconscious Tony. 
  The knives flew out of Kalis' hands, and she was already pushing against Bucky.
"Kali, Kali, relax. It's me, it's Bucky. This isn't you, this is someone else. Listen-listen to me," Bucky pleaded, holding Kali down by the shoulders.  Kali was still struggling, seeming to ignore Bucky's attempts to get inside her head.
   "She's not going to listen to you, you know that James." The voice said. It hadn't spoken since the beginning.
   "SHUT UP!"
The voice never spoke again, and Bucky turned his attention back to Kali.
 "Kali, you have a brother waiting for you in Brooklyn, where you were born. Do you remember?"
She didn't change.  Bucky saw he had only one option.
  "Kali, I'm sorry I have to do this."
He grabbed a knife from her waist and put the sharp end in his hand. He raised the blunt side of the knife above his head before letting it fall to the side of Kalis' head. 
   Kali went still underneath him. Bucky let the knife fall as he rolled off of her, breathing sharply. 
He looked around and saw that Steve had moved to Tonys' side.
  "Is he alive?" Bucky asked,pressing his own fingers to Kali's neck.
Steve nodded, letting out a breath. 
  "So's she."
They sat in silence for a while, not knowing what to say. 
  "Cap, you alive?" Nat said in the com, making Steve jerk his head.
 He closed his eyes as he replied.
  "Think so, Widow. How 'bout all of you?"
"We're fine. We're waiting for you at the Quinjet."
 "Alright. Tony's fine, too, if you were wondering."
  There was a moment's hesitation before Nat answered.
  "I wasn't."
  The com cut off into static. Steve looked back down at Tony, feeling something akin to pity for him.
  "We should go. You grab Tony and I'll take Kali." Bucky said, picking Kali up bridal style. He was slow in his actions, and so was Steve. 
   "Let's get them some help."

                              *******

 Steve and Bucky sat watch as Kali and Tony shared a med room. Tony had a cast on one of his arms, bandages on his head and chest. He had a cut lip and a black eye. 
  Kali, on the other side, simply had a few bruises on her arms and one cut along her lip. She had a small concussion from when Bucky knocked her out.
   "What do we do when she wakes up?" Steve asked, crossing his arms over his chest.
Bucky sighed as he watched the monitors.
  "Question her, maybe. Get into her head and make her who she was before. I think we may need more from her brother. Some things that meant a lot to them both, or the family."
 Steve nodded.
    "I can do that when Tony wakes up. I need to make sure he's alright."
Bucky nodded. Steve placed a hand on his shoulder before leaving the room. Bucky sighed as he watched Kali's chest rise and fall in a relaxing pattern. 

  They stood on opposite building roofs. They both had guns in their hands, the barrels of the guns facing the same people beneath them. They shared a look before they shot their targets. It was a look of approval, a small twitch of the left eye from both of them. Approved.
   Their shots rang out as their targets slumped to the ground, blood spilling out of their wounds. Screams could be heard as they packed their guns and walked off their own roofs. 
   They met up a few blocks from the scene. They shared another look, but this one was different from their previous one. This one was filled with something that wasn't supposed to exist in Soldiers. 
   Feelings weren't allowed. Yet here they were, pouring out of those two Soldiers discreetly. 
In a fleeting moment, they reached out their hands, their fingers brushing against each other in silent consent and proof. 
  Feelings were equal to malfunction. They knew that, yet they stood there, a group of functioning malfunctions. 
 Something in Kali's eyes flickered as she pulled her hand away, and Bucky felt something in his stomach go off.
   "James."

Hey guys! This is an Authors Note.
   I am writing this story for my own joy and entertainment, and if you like it thats great and appreceated. I would also appreciat some constructve critisism to help me improve the story and my writting. If you don't want to, that's alright, but if you can, that would be truly appreceated. 
  Bye!