Planning

"It wasn't your fault, Steve. I hope you understand that. You didn't know her or her reasons." Nat said, trying to comfort her friend.
"I know...But I knew she seemed familiar, and I couldn't put my finger on it. I remember seeing her storm off from the recruitment building. I remember the look on her face as she passed me and Buck. She looked as if she wanted to stop, but couldn't." 
  "Steve, you couldn't have done anything. You didn't know anything."
"I feel like I should've, Nat." 
Nat had nothing to say. At least, nothing truly helpful.
  "Steve, we can't dwell on things like this. We need to go back and tell Bucky and Tony what we know, and if we need more information we could come back."
  Steve sighed and nodded, walking with Nat towards the car.
He was dreading telling Bucky this.

                                                                        ******

Black hair pulled back and flying. A blur of black and white mixing together as she ran. She ran with him. 
        Something was in her eyes, something other than dullness. Something like a spark. He felt something that day. The first thing he felt other than pain. Something good and new. But what?
Nothing. No blur, no running, no hair. Nothing. She stopped. 
Bucky felt himself stop and turn. And there she was, lying on the ground in a pool of blood at her leg.
   A bullet wound. He never heard the gun, never saw the bullet. He walked to her, staring at her as she held her hand to the wound and saw her eyes watch something behind him.
   A man. A man with a gun. He looked so familiar, yet he couldn't put anything to it.
"James."

"Bucky? Bucky? You alive?" Tony was waving a hand in his face. He looked just like that man.
    "Tony?"
"That would be me. Steve just called," He said, throwing his phone on the table in front of Bucky. "Said him and Nat got some info that'll be helpful in getting through to her. They're coming back now."
   "Okay. Then what do we tell them? That we have no plan? Or that our only plan is to storm into HYDRA's real base and see if we can find her?"
  "Yeah, I think that'll work. Or, I mean, we could always just say that we had two minds, one brighter than the other, and couldn't come up with anything that didn't end up in a suicide mission. I'm thinking Capsicle wouldn't be too pleased with any one of those answer's."
  Bucky sighed, rubbing a hand over his face.
"We're going to get her, Barnes. I can promise you that. I don't like what they did to you, and I doubt I will like what they're doing to her. We will go through any means necessary to get her. 
  But HYDRA should be destroyed, and I think you and Rogers have the most beef with them to do the honor's of taking them down officially when we get that chance." 
 I killed them. I'm sorry. "You're right. I'm going to destroy them, with or without Steve."
"There you go!" Tony called, patting Bucky on the shoulder a few times. "Hungry?"
"Very."

                                                                           ******

        "So we have seen her?" Bucky asked.
Steve nodded.
   "So this is our fault."
"No." Tony cut in, eating his pasta. "It's not even close to your fault. Mhm-You didn't know that she wanted to talk to you guys or anything. Hell, you didn't even know she existed until she disappeared.  You can't blame yourself for something that was out of your control."
   "You're one to talk," Nat muttered, stealing Bucky's almost finished plate of food.
Bucky half-heartedly glared at her, but let her eat it anyways. 
  "So...do you guys have a plan?" Nat asked, eyeing Bucky and Tony.
The two shared a look before Bucky passed it on to Tony.
"Tony does."
Tony glared at him. "You bastard."
Bucky shrugged at him and stole his plate of food. But Tony didn't let that slide. He quickly grabbed the edge of his plate and dragged it towards him, tapping Bucky's arm with his fork.
"Mine. Get your own."
"I had my own, then Nat took it."
"Then take it back, Barnes."
  "I can't. She'll cut my hand off."
"I'll make you another one."
"I don't want another-"
"Guys!"
The two men stopped their bickering to look at Steve. He was looking at both of them with an annoyed stare and both men gulped.
   "Do.We.Have.A.Plan?" Steve spoke each word separately, making sure the men in front of him understood what he was saying.
  "James thought we should just rush into HYDRA's base and look for her there." Tony said, filling his mouth with pasta so he won't have to speak again.
 Bucky sent another glare his way.
"That could work. It's just that it's a suicide mission." Nat said, pushing the now empty plate back to Bucky. 
   "We've tried that once. I don't want to do it again." Steve said, glancing at Natasha.
"So we're just going to wait for her to come out and play?" Tony asked, twirling the fork in the air.
  "I don't wanna do that either." Steve said, sighing. 
The four of them sat in silence, thinking of what to do.
 "You could always find a HYDRA agent and hurt them so much that they have to tell you where she is or going." 
The four of them looked up and saw Clint standing at the edge of the table.
 "He's got a point. Why didn't we think of that?" Nat said, patting her co-worker on the shoulder.
"Thanks, Bird-Brain." Tony chirped, winking at him. 
 "You guys are idiots."