Chapter 2

"Good morning class, I'm miss Jones," a slightly chubby, dark haired woman cheerily announces. I'm in my last class of the day before lunch. Trigonometry. "This is going to be a great year."

I groan inwardly as she goes over the syllabus, class policies, etc. Once she's finished with everything, she let's us 'socialize.' Unfortunately, this is one of the few classes I don't have with Joy, so I just sit there awkwardly, staring at the wall.

"I don't think I've seen you before. Are you new?" A male voice asks. I glance up and see a tall guy with short brown hair, and chocolate colored eyes.

"Yep, this is my first day at this school, I guess. I'm Taylor," I reply, smiling.

"Wait, you're not Taylor Evans, are you?" he questions, shocked.

I eye him suspiciously, but nod. "Yes... what have you heard about me?"

"That you're a runaway with an extremely crazy horse. That you were in some freak accident where you almost died. Oh, and that you're dating, and living with, Carter Stone."

"Well, all of that's true, I guess except that Ezhno is not crazy," I chuckle.

"Ezhno?" he inquires, eying me questioningly.

"My horse."

I glance around the room and notice that Amelia has this class with me, and that right now she is attempting to murder me with her eyes. I wave at her with false enthusiasm, before rolling my eyes and turning back to.... Well, I don't know his name.

"So, you know my name. What's yours," I ask.

"It's Jacob, but just call me Jake. And, what was that?"

"What was what," I reply, confused.

"With Amy- she's shooting daggers at you, and you just wave at her," he explains, awestruck.

I shrug my shoulders, and laugh, "She's just upset that I'm dating Carter, I guess."

"I'd say."

The bell rings, and I stand to my feet.

"Um, how do you get to the cafeteria," I ask, frowning at the school map that Joy drew out for me.

"I'll take you, I have lunch now too," Jake laughs, grabbing my bag off of my desk.

"I can take my bags," I huff.

He just smiles, but doesn't hand them back.

We turn a few corners, and walk through a set of double doors, and into a lunchroom.

I spot Joy, and she waves me over.

"Thanks. I see my friend, so bye," I mumble awkwardly.

"No problem."

I walk over to Joy, and take a seat beside her. There are two other girls at the table, and a guy. We all sit in awkward silence, before one of the girls speaks up.

"Joy has told us so much about you! By the way, I'm Sky," a brunette with blue eyes chimes.

"Oh, and I'm Erica," a redhead laughs.

"My name's Andrea, and this is Ethan," a taller girl with straight black hair and sharp green eyes introduces, grabbing Ethan's hand. I'm assuming they're a couple.

Another guy comes and sits at the last remaining chair at the table. I'm a little surprised by him, but shake it off.

"Oh, this is Jake," Joy explains.

"Yeah, we've met," I reply. "He showed me where the lunchroom is."

"So, did you really shoot someone," Sky asks excitedly.

"God no," I gasp.

"Wouldn't be surprised," a harsh voice snarls from behind me. I turn to see Amelia, and slowly stand to my feet.

"I never shot anyone, but if I were going to, I'd shoot a plastic Barbie like you. So I suggest you back off," I hiss, ticked off. She stumbles backwards, but quickly recovers herself.

"Is that a threat?" she asks, raising a perfect eyebrow.

"Only if you want it to be."

"You know, I have the power to make your life a living hell," she snarls, causing me to laugh. By now, we've gathered a small crowd.

"You don't scare me. Not even in the slightest. I have stared down the barrel of a loaded gun, and that scared me. But you? You remind me of a chihuahua who thinks it's a Great Dane. And about the making my life a living hell? You don't have that power. You have no power over me. I go home everyday to my horse, and my boyfriend- your ex. So again, I suggest you back off."

Her jaw drops, and I take the opportunity to use a line that a good friend taught me.

"Close your mouth darling, you'll catch flies," I chuckle, before turning my attention to Joy. "I'm going to go buy a lunch. Anyone want to join me?"

Joy, Erica, and Jake stand to their feet to come with me. The other three already have their food.

As we walk away, Joy whispers in my ear, her voice fearful and uneasy "She's so mad! She wants to kill you."

I glance over my shoulder and see Amy being comforted by her plastic possy, and smile to myself, extremely satisfied.

"I know," I reply, nothing but menace in my voice.

What can I say? Barbies bring out the evil in me- especially Barbies who used

to date my boyfriend.

A/N

We stopped halfway for the night at my grandpas house and he has wifi!! so I was able to update today!!!