Chapter Thirty-One

Sang's POV

Agatha Biggs, the name seemed familiar to me. I know it was not from listening to Victor talk, but from before I came to South Carolina. It was something I worked on with my mom, I think for the human school. I drummed my fingers as I tried to remember. One of our projects, maybe or it could have been something I helped my dad with. I knew I should go home and look through my papers, but I was not sure Alir and Victor would allow me to travel so far. While the freedom fighters may have been defeated, we could not account for all of them. Some had remained hidden as they made others do their dirty work and I recognized a few of them in the U.N., eager to get their hands on Krinar weapons so they could destroy their enemies, including the United States. Then there were those who wanted the holdings and the wealth that the Krinar had, greedy for more gold to fill their bulging pockets. Most of the latter group was fellow Americans, several who believed that they deserved as much wealth as they could purloin secretly or take by brutal force. I was certain each country had their own group of entrepreneurs that felt they deserved the Krinar wealth more than the Krinar did. After all, criminals came from all lifestyles and some even came from other planets.

"Princess," Victor interrupted my thoughts. "We have been summoned to the Council Chamber."

"I thought we filled them in on everything we learned at the U.N.," I frowned.

"I think this is about something different," he took my hand and led me to our pod.

Council Meeting – General POV

"I am confused," Victor spoke up. "I have known Owen Blackbourne since I was ten-years-old, his mother died when he was nine. He watched as his father beat her to death and he still suffers nightmares over the incident. Are you saying that she is alive and his father is the one who died?"

"One of our scouts came across a man dragging an unconscious woman into an alley, she had been badly beaten. What caught Mcor's attention was the young boy following behind them. Before he could reach them, the boy shot the man in the back as stomped his foot into the woman's chest. Mcor chose to care for the woman, who was still clinging to life instead of chasing down the child. By the time he had her stable, he could find no trace of the boy or the violin she asked him to bring her." Alir explained.

"What am I missing?"

"My violin," Sang exclaimed. "It went missing from my mother's dressing room when I was four; it was one of the things that were brought with us from Krina." She turned to speak to Victor. "It is a Stradivari ous. One of the scouts picked it up for Sheura in the 17th century; it was made special for her by the Stradivari family. Once the maker was finished, our own specialists worked on it as well. It was modified to make whoever plays it sound like a musical genius, adjusted so that it would soothe us during the flight to Earth from Krina when we were babes. A music box that played a song that put us into a restful trance that opens us to learning." She shook her head in dismay. "I don't know how to explain it so you will understand. We need to get it back; we need to undo whatever the fool who took it did."

"I know what you are speaking of," Korum was scowling. "I modified it for Sheura, she never told me why she wanted it done or who it was for. The thief and whoever has it now has stolen Krinar technology, their crime demands total rehabilitation."

 "What does your violin have to do with Owen?" Victor failed to make the connection. 

"Your friend's mother took Sang's violin when she was four, stole it from her mother's dressing room.  " Alir explained. "The violin is a small form of mind control unit when used on a human. Every time your friend Owen or someone else plays it, they are sitting up their listeners for brainwashing. Being human, they are receiving it too."

"We need to get the violin back as soon as possible." Arus paced before his desk, agitated. "We will need to erase the memory of all who know of it."

"I can retrieve the violin; I know where he keeps it." Victor volunteered.

 "No," Alir refused his offer. "Sang needs to visit several of her homes to locate information her parents had on Agatha Biggs. It is best that you assist her since you are her mate unless you prefer one of our younger guards or your friends to escort her in your place. We will be sending the Toma team with Luke to find the violin and to bring Owen Blackbourne in to be restored to his normal health."

Victor glared at the leader of the Guardians.  "I will escort my mate."

\