Chapter Nine

"What's going on?" Lily frowned, turning to look up the hill where she spotted a large group of people and heard a familiar arrogant voice.

"How'd the exam go, Snivelly?" The girls heard James say clearly.

"I was watching him, his nose was touching the parchment. There'll be great grease marks all over it, they won't be able to read a word," Sirius snarled.

The girls heard people laughing at the insult as they neared the large group that had formed.

"You- wait," Eve heard an unfamiliar nasally voice said, "You- wait......."

"Wait for what?" Sirius said coolly, "What're you gonna do, Snivelly, wipe your nose on us?"

The boy they were tour ending screamed curse words and hexes at James and Sirius, but Lily and Eve- who were nor pushing their way through the crowd didn't see not hear anything happen besides James' response.

"Wash your mouth. Scourgify!"

Eve and Lily could hear choking as they made their way to the front of the crowd, and once they reached inside the circle, Eve helped the boy who was blinded by invisible roped and choking on pink bubbles as Lily screamed, "Leave him ALONE!"

"All right, Evans?" James asked in a deeper voice after he ruffled his hair.

"Leave him alone," Lily said, making her displeasure of the two open, "What's he done to you?"

"Well," James said pretending to think, "it's more the fact that he exists-"

And Eve ignored everything after that as she let out a low growl that only the greasy haired boy could hear as she stopped the soap from choking him and silently undid his invisible magical binds. His black eyes looked into her greens in shock and quickly nodded his head in thanks as Lily started speaking.

"You think you're funny. But you're just an arrogant, bullying toerag, Potter. Leave him alone."

"I will if you go out with me, Evans. Go on... Go out with me, and I'll never lay a wand on old Snivelly again," James said quickly causing Eve to turn to James, dislike clear on her face.

"Oh yeah," she said bringing the attention to herself, "What's to stop Sirius then? Hmm?"

"I wouldn't go out with you if it was a choice between you and the giant squid," Lily added on.

"Bad luck, Prongs," Sirius said to James before looking slightly behind the girls and shouting, "OY!"

Suddenly, there was a flash of light and a gash appeared on the side of James' face, spattering his robes with blood. James quickly pointed his wand at the greasy haired boy who cut him, "Levicorpus," and the boy was hanging upside down in the air, his robes falling over his face showing his graying underwear.

Most people in the crowd cheered whilst Peter- who Eve didn't even notice- Sirius and James roared with laughter.

Eve and Lily both wore furious looks on their faces- though Lily's twitched like she might smile. Eve, on the other hand, was so angry that the black started to seep into the whites of her eyes.

"Let him down!" Lily got her features back under control.

"Certainty," James said and he twitched his wand up causing the boy to fall unceremoniously into a heap on the ground. Though he quickly stood up and pointed his wand at James once more.

"Locomotor mortis!" Sirius shouted as he pointed his wand at the boy causing his to go stiff as a board and fall to the ground.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily said angrily, pointing her wand at the boys as Eve stood slightly behind her, her green irises standing out against the black the now covered her eyes.

James and Sirius were no longer looking warily at Lily's wand as they were too busy looking outright terrified at Eve as she said in an eerily calm voice, "I suggest you under the curse, or I shall drag you into the Forbidden Forest and let the creatures there happily eat your corpses."

James tried to channel his Gryffindor bravery and glare back, but it looked more like a twitch of his eyes before he pointed his wand at the boy and muttered the countercurse, "There you go," he said as the boy struggled to get to his feet, "You're lucky Evans and Eve were here, Snivellus-"

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudbloods or freaks like them!"

Fae In The Fire, lily evans ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें