Chapter Two

Remus stared at the mysterious girl as she trailed off. He studied her, trying to make sure she would in fact keep his secret. After a moment of studying the girl he filled in for her, "Remus. Remus Lupin."

The dark skinned girl smiled, and helped Remus up. At his full height, Remus was a couple of inches taller than her. The girl tilted her head up so she could look into Remus' eyes and introduced herself, "I'm Eve, nice to meet you Remus."

Remus stared at the girl confused, puzzled as to why she was being so nice to him when she knew what he was. He looked into her emerald green eyes and saw only curiosity and sympathy, "Aren't you afraid?" He whispered out.

"Why would I be afraid?" She tilted her head to the side, causing her short platinum locks to fall from her ear.

"Because I'm a monster," Remus said, the defeat obvious in his tone.

Eve gave him a sad smile, "I've been here since midnight, and I'm perfectly fine. In fact, you just stared at me- growling when I made a move, sure- but you didn't approach me or even try to harm me. You just stared. Then you fell asleep and now you're awake," she leaned towards the window of the shack where sunlight was starting to filter through, "I think you should head back to the castle. People will notice your absence soon."

Remus lets out a yawn as he nods and starts to walk towards the tunnel back to the grounds. But, as he takes his first step, he stumbles causing Eve to catch him. She wordlessly puts one of his arms over his shoulder and leads him through the tunnel and back through the end of the Whomping Willow.

The duo walks down the dirt tunnel in silence, and Remus only speaks when early sunlight starts to filter through the entrance of the tunnel, "Thank you."

"Of course," Eve smiles brightly, "Do you need help to the castle?" She turns her head and studies him, noticing the scars littering his face and arms, and a few new cuts and scratches, similar to those she found on the furniture and wallpaper.

"I'll be fine," Remus tells her as they exit the tunnel.

A frown makes it's way onto Eve's face, which shocks Remus for in the very short time he'd known her, she'd always been smiling, even when she knew he was facing a werewolf.

"You're injured, and can barely walk," Eve counters, "I'm taking you to the castle."

Remus frowns in response but lets out a sigh and lets himself be helped towards the castle of Hogwarts. They walk in silence for a little more until a thought hits Remus like a brick, "Are you a student? I've never seen you around."

"No, I'm not a witch," she shakes her head as she glances at him out of the corner of her eye, "This is actually my first time on the grounds. Well, second I suppose. I did walk down by the wooden hut last night when I heard your howls."

"I'm sorry," Remus says as they near the building.

"What for?" Eve frowns at him as they enter the courtyard, spotting a woman in a medi-witches garb walking towards the duo.

"For waking you," Remus answers.

"It is fine. It was an.......interesting experience," Eve smiled at him as the witch reached them.

"Remus, I was just on my way to get you," she said before looking over at Eve, "and who are you dear. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, miss," Eve smiled politely, "I was just helping him."

"Well, thank you, dear," she said, "But what were you doing out of your common room?"

"My what?" Eve frowned at the woman, tilting her head like a confused puppy.

"She doesn't go here, Madam Pomfrey," Remus explained but Pomfrey was too busy staring at Eve to notice, well more like her ears. Her pointed, Faery ears, "Madam Pomfrey?"

She shook her head and smiled back at Remus, "Of course, um, I'll take you to the infirmary and I think, uh, Dumbledore will want to talk to you, dear."

"I'm sorry, Miss Pomfrey, but I must go," Eve smiled politely, discreetly covering up her ears, and unhooked Remus' arm from her shoulder and gently placed it of Pomfrey's, "My parents will be worried."

"Of course," Pomfrey said as Eve walked away. Her green and white dress blowing in the wind along with her hair showing off her pointed ears. Once she was out of sight, Madam Pomfrey looked back to Remus in shock before noticing the new scratches and claw marks marring his arms and face, "Let's get you healed up, dear."