Chapter 7: Betrayed

this is dedicated to RazorbladeKissesx because I'm a cunt and she's really good at making cover photos.

Song: Done For You- Black Veil Brides

________

When I woke up, Matt’s arm was slung over my waist. Today, I felt different. I felt like for the past week I was a different person that was locked out of my memories. But this morning, I remembered everything.

I slid out of Matt’s arms and put on some clothes. I went into the washroom to get cleaned up before I would leave again, but just staring at my reflection made me crumble to the floor in a fit of painful sobs. I hoped Matt couldn’t hear me from the other side of the door.

“Ryan?” I heard the door open and saw Matt standing there with only his boxers on. “What’s wrong, love?” He asked, sitting next to me on the floor.

“I can’t believe.... I remember everything, Matt. We were broken up before the accident and last night... I didn’t mean for that to happen. I need to leave. This isn’t right. You lied to me,” I cried.

“I love you so much, Ryan. None of this was a mistake. I couldn’t let you leave me again. I wanted to start over again. I didn’t want you to remember how much of a jerk I was,” he said, kissing the top of my head.

“You didn’t tell me the truth about anything! How did you manage to get all of our friends to not tell me either? I don’t understand how you...” I trailed off, my sobs cutting off my rant.

“I did it all because I love you and I would do anything to make you love me again. Please... just give me another chance,” he begged, leaning his forehead on mine.

“I think... we need a break.” I couldn’t bring myself to break up with him, but I couldn’t stay with him either. I just needed some time to myself to think about everything that’s happened.

“Where are you going to stay? You still can’t be alone,” Matt protested.

“I’ll stay with Hannah and Oli until I make things better with Sara. I don’t want to see you for a while Matt.... I need some time. Both of us do.”

I was staying in Hannah and Oli’s guest bedroom for a while, until I got myself back on my feet. I was going to a doctor’s appointment today to see if I’m well enough to get a job and handle stress.

“You’ve recovered very quickly, Ms Thorpe. That’s a good sign. Have you had any symptoms other than the memory gain? Headaches? Panic attacks?” The doctor asked.

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

“Well, sounds like you’re well enough to get a job then. If you start getting symptoms again, make an appointment with me right away,” he explained before letting me leave.

I was so glad I could finally get on with my life. I would have a lot of time to think and figure out if I wanted to stay with Matt.

Once I got home, I sat on the couch with Hannah as we watched some tattoo show. I honestly haven’t felt this relaxed in a long time.

Suddenly, Oli came home, slamming the door behind him while cursing under his breath.

“What happened?” Hannah asked.

“Ellie fucking quit and now we’re short-staffed,” he muttered. Within the second, he looked at me with a gleam in his eye.

“Oli, I can’t,” I quickly protested.

“Please, Ryan! You’re looking for a job anyways! This would be so much help for both of us. I know you know the product and they all know you so you would be perfect!” He exclaimed.

“C’mon Ryan, it would be great. My tattoo parlour is just down the road so we could have lunch together all the time,” Hannah added.

The both of them stared at me expectantly, and I gave in. I sighed. “Fine.”

Oli smiled widely. “Thank you so much, Ryan!” He enthused. His mood was suddenly bright and cheery like nothing was ever wrong with the world.

“Let’s go cook some dinner,” Hannah said, pulling me off of the couch and into the kitchen. She took out the ingredients to make some pasta.

I heard a knock on the door but decided to ignore it as I put some water into a pot and put it on the stove.

“Is she here?” I heard Matt’s familiar voice ask.

"She’s fine, Matt. Just stay away for a bit, ok? You both need some space,” Oli explained. I was glad he had my back and he knew how I was feeling.

“Does she have a job yet? What about money? I could write a check for her or something. How long are you letting her live here?” Matt asked, sounding like he was in a panic.

“Matt, shut up. I told you, she’s fine. She has a job and she’s allowed to stay here as long as she needs to. Now go... shower or something. You smell like shit,” Oli said, causing them both to laugh.

I pretended that I didn’t hear their conversation as I waited for the water to boil. Hannah wasn’t talking to me, which meant she was listening to their conversation as well.

“I guess I’ll see you at the studio tomorrow...” Matt said before I heard the sound of the door closing.

Hannah and I quickly got to work so it looked like we weren’t listening to their entire conversation.

“I know you twats were listening,” Oli said, coming into the kitchen.

“Is he always going to do that?” Hannah asked, cutting some tomatoes.

Oli shrugged. “I hope not. He’s really struggling with this, just like before. I’m hoping the music will distract him or something. I just hope he won’t turn to drinking again. The first time you left him, he went completely insane with the drinking and smoking.”

“Wow, I’m really good at ruining everything, aren’t I?”

________

A/N: lol Ryan the life ruiner.