Chapter 3: Unbelievable

Song: John Deux Trois- Of Mice & Men

_____

In the morning, I decided to make some pancakes to let Matt know that whatever happened yesterday was no big deal. I guess it kind of made sense. We were obviously having sex before I went into the coma and he missed me.

I cringed slightly at the thought. I still felt like I barely knew him and he was already getting boners. Maybe I should find a job and move out.... Ugh, I couldn’t do that. Matt was the only one I felt slightly comfortable with because he seemed very truthful and he was very sweet.

“Smells delicious in here,” Matt said, coming into the kitchen wearing only four leaf clover boxers. His arms went around my waist and he quickly pulled away when he saw the panicked look on my face. “Shit, sorry. It’s sort of a habit,” he murmured, sitting at the island.

I laughed, nervously. “It’s fine, I guess. I um... I made pancakes,” I said, putting the pancakes in front of him while getting my own plate and sitting down across from him. “I was going to make bacon too but I couldn’t find any,” I added, to make conversation.

He nodded. “That’s because I’m a vegetarian. You were trying to be a vegetarian with me but it wasn’t working out too well,” he replied, chuckling a bit.

“Oh wow, now I feel horrible. Sorry about that,” I muttered, cutting up my pancakes. What an idiot I was!

“It’s not your fault. I didn’t tell you, so you couldn’t have known.”

“Maybe if I didn’t get into a stupid car accident I would’ve known.”

He sighed, taking a bite of his pancakes. “The rest of my band wants to come and see you today. You don’t have to agree if you don’t want to, but they’ve missed you.”

“I guess that’s fine.” What could go wrong? They’re surely not that over the top.

Matt nervously paced the living room, waiting for the knock on the door.

“You can sit, you know,” I said with a laugh. He looked like he was going to be a wreck for this entire afternoon.

“You don’t understand what you’ve just agreed to,” he murmured before there was a knock on the door. He opened it, revealing two people. Hannah from yesterday, and a boy covered from head to toe in tattoos.

“Hey Matt,” Oli said, giving Matt a hug. His eyes adverted to me and he smiled a bit. “She looks good,” he murmured to Matt.

“Right. Ryan, this is Oli. Oli, this is Ryan,” Matt introduced.

“Glad to see that you’re alive, T,” Oli said with a smile.

I smiled back at him, trying to ignore that fact that he just called me T, when my name was clearly Ryan and Ryan had nothing to do with the letter T.

“The nickname...” Matt murmured to Oli.

“She doesn’t remember how she got the nickname?” Oli asked in disbelief. “You didn’t tell her how she got the nickname?” He seemed completely surprised and kind of disappointed, staring at Matt like he just shot him.

“Oli, she doesn’t even remember who any of us are, she isn’t going to remember some stupid nickname you gave her.”

Oli sighed and sat down beside me, putting an arm around my shoulder. “Today you’re going to learn why your nickname is Tickles, or T for short. You’re going to be hearing it a lot today so you might as well learn why.