A N N O U N C E M E N T

"Mom can we talk?" Monica asked as she held onto Marlons moist  hand.

"Yea baby, whats up?" Cali asked as she eyeballed Marlon and Monica.

Cali looked at Marlon before taking a seat onto my her patent leather couch.

It had been officially two months since Marlon and Monica found out that they were now expecting, graduation is right around the corner and Marlon picked up jobs to save money for the upcoming  child. Monica of course had money stashed away, but she didnt want Marlon to rely on that.

"Mom." Monica  took a deep breath as her  hands began to flutter. 

Breathe Monica, Breathe. She thought.

"Marlon and I are expecting."

That was it. The 'cat' was now out the bag. There was no secret out anymorem, the truth had been released.

Monica  looked into her mothers eyes as Cali  pulled her glasses off that happened to be chilling on her nose

.

"Expecting what? Scholarships?"

Was she really serious.

Monica sighed. "No mom, were expecting a-"

"Expecting what? A kick?!" Cali  asked as she raised her voice and stood up, making Marlon and Monica shook.

Was this the moment where The Real Cali was about to be seen?

"M-"

"Lord jesus, please don't tell me these two are bringing a baby into this daylight." Cali rested her palm onto her forehead as she began walking back and forth.

Monica gulped hard as she  clenched onto Marlons hand, holding it tighter than ever. She could tell Marlon was feeling quite uncomfortable but at the moment she wasnt caring about Marlon and his feelings, she was scared as hell just to see her mother react this way.

Silence filled throughout the room.

"MONICA YOU'RE PREGNANT?! MARLON YOU IMPREGNATED MY BABY?!"

Marlon and Monica stared into one another eyes, they both  knew they were both scared at this point.

"HOW COULD THIS... YA'LL GOTTA BE KIDDING." My mom began pacing  back and forth making thumps as she walked on the hardwood floors. At this time, Marlon and Monica wouldnt be surprised to see flames of fire pierce throughout Cali's nostrils.

Monica was scared to speak. She didnt know what Cali was saying or what would come next. Cali was just purely unpredictable.

Cali approached Marlon, squating down just so they met eye to eye. "Marlon..."

"Y-Yes C-Cali.."

"Boy do not stutter because I know damn sure you werent s-s-stuttering when you were doing lord know's what with my daughter."

Marlon got quiet. She was right. Marlon gotta grow some balls.

"Where do you work Marlon? How are you going to support your new family?"

"I work at Pizza Hut and then at Footlocker on the side."

"Oh and how much income does that give you?"

"I-Uh, I dont know.."

"Oh you don't know? SO What happens when the baby needs new clothes, new diapers since the diapers are too small, formula, blankets, a crib, stroller and any other variable cost."

"Variable cost?"

"Yes like shit like pop up! Like for instance the way how ya'll popped up at my crib talkin' bout Monica's pregnant. That shit was not planned now was it?"

"N-No ma'am"

"So again, what you gonna do when you need to buy all these things?"

Marlon rubbed his hands together. " I mean we're gonna have to save up."

"Save huh?"

Cali's eyes turned and began staring into her daughter's.

"And for you missy.. How on earth did you plan this out?"

Monica exhaled as she rose her head, looking into Cali's eyes. " Mom, I do not know but I was hoping you'd support me through it. I didnt plan this , I did not expect this. IM SORRY? Okay. Like I dont know what else you want me to say? Im now four months like...." Monica stopped. She couldnt continue. Boy oh boy did she fuck up. Did she regret getting pregnant? No. But its just bad timing. All of this was supposed to happen, AFTER SCHOOL and she graduated.

"I have money saved up." Monica stated, referring to the money her grandma left her.

But Cali wasnt just mad because her daughter is a teen and pregrant because Cali was once there to. She doesnt want Monica to fall into her footsteps, being a teen mom isnt easy, and Cali is trying to show BOTH Marlon and Monica that. No matter what Cali is going to support Monica throughtout anything. End of the day, thats her daughter no matter what and thats all she really got. NO, Cali has nothing against Marlon and she know's hel'll be a better father than Monica's was but it haunts her to know her daughter is following her steps.

"Look Monica, I am not mad.. I just.." Cali paused as she took a deep breath. "Im more mad at myself than you. I just didnt want this to happen. End of the day I am here for you, supporting both of ya'll 1 hunnid I'm just scared. I love you though, both of yall. It just hurts.

Monica stood up and leaned over, hugging her mother tightly. "Mom Its okay...I understand."

The hug transformed into a ball out period as they held onto one another, weeping into one another's shoulders.

"Breathe baby, breathe" Cali ordered as she rubbed monica's back up and down.

Marlon got up, joining the two ladies and hugged them.

Both Monica and Cali raised up their head and began laughing as they seen Marlons body slunged over ontop of them.

"Group Hug!!" All three said in unison.

They all laughed as Monica and Cali wiped away their tears.

"Thank's mom, just knowing you're gonna be here means a lot."

Cali nodded as she smiled. "You know I got you baby girl, and you too Marlon" Cali said as she pulled onto his arm.

The rest of the night, Cali, Marlon and Monica sat, talked and ate pizza as they talked about their upcoming future.

Both Marlon and Cali decided they were both still going to still attend college, but Marlon would go before Monica obviously. Cali agreed to their decision and reassured them on her commitment to them.