Requested Imagine #68: Tiffani

Note:

"Stay" by Florida Georgia Line. Go.

**********************************

Imagine turning on the radio while driving down the road to who knows where. You have no idea of where you're going, but you're careful with each turn you make on the pale icy roads. It take a minute for the radio to come to its sense before you can clearly hear what the radio man is saying.

"So, Hunter... Tell us about this new song of yours."

"Well, it's a personal song. It's from something recent and it's a huge mistake that I've made in my life. To me, it's almost as a personal as "Invisible," but with this song, I'm telling the girl that lost everything I should have done. It's more of an apology than a song, really," Hunter says and you can see him as he's saying this. You can imagine his droopy mopey face with dark purple bags that outline his eyes. His blue oceanic eyes are dull and there's no spark in them like before, "I ju--just, need her to hear this. She's my best friend and I lost her. I'm praying that she has her radio on and that she'll listen to it. This is her one of favorite stations to listen to."

"Wow. I'm proud of you for realizing your mistakes, kid. It's amazing to know that we still have men like you in this world," the radio guy say with much awe in his voice, "So, would you like to announce the song or do it acoustically?"

"That would be epic," Hunter says. Acoustic. That's what he was going to play. You can hear him tuning his guitar trying to set it in the right key. This was going to take a while, so you decided to drive-thru Starbucks which coincidently happened to be close by.

I'd sell my soul just to see your face.
And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.
In these times I need a saving grace, but time is running out and I'm starting to lose my faith.

You could basically see his face as he sang. The passion he had for his music. You could hear it in his voice as he poured out his feelings. It's the way his guitar harmonized with his voice. His voice was perfect.

But if I told you I loved you, would it make you want to stay?
I'm sorry for the way I hurt you and making you walk away.
(I should have took the time to tell you)
And if I wrote you a love song and sang it to you every day, would it ever be enough to make you wanna come back home and stay?
(I can't go another day without you)
Would it make you, make you, wanna stay?
(Girl you gotta know I love you)

Memories of you and Hunter being together on Friday nights flooded into your brain. Those nights where the two of you would sit on the couch and cuddle while watching chic flicks or "The Hunger Games" trilogy.

My heart's on my sleeve, but it's turning black.
(I guess I know what it feels like it to be alone)
Without your touch I'm not gonna last.
(I know you know that I need ya just to carry on)
It feels like my walls are caving in.
(You'd always hold me before I left you hanging on)
And I'll do anything to have you here again.

The night where the two of you gave into each other. It was the first time you trusted him with everything you had and you knew that you loved him. You knew that you were to give yourself to him and that he would never hurt you.

But if I told you I loved you, would it make you want to stay?
I'm sorry for the way I hurt you and making you walk away.
(I should have took the time to tell you)
And if I wrote you a love song and sang it to you every day, would it ever be enough to make you wanna come back home and stay?
(I can't go another day without you)

Yeah, the days are cold, the nights are long.
And I can't stand to be alone.
Please know this is not your fault.

You remember the moments where the two of you would bicker over ridiculous things. Small things that wouldn't matter in the future. You remember how upset you were when you found out that you had lost the baby you and Hunter were to have. He would repeatedly tell you that it was never your fault, but you always seemed to find a way to blame yourself.

And all I want...

Is to tell you I love you and make you wanna stay.
There's gotta be a way, 'cause going on without you is killing me everyday.

The song is almost ending and you're pretty sure that you've heard it before. Maybe it was because you knew Hunter well enough to know what he would sing about or maybe, who knows... You still cared about him. Maybe you shouldn't have left him and he shouldn't have left you. Everyone knew how perfect the two of you were and now that the two of you have left each, both of you are a complete mess.

You decide to get back on the road to him off of your mind and out of your system. It wasn't okay to be like this. You needed to be strong for you and the baby that you were now carrying in your womb. The baby that Hunter would never know about because you left before you could tell him. You needed to be strong for yourself and the baby. You make a turn to join other cars and trucks on the highway and you still haven't found out where you're going yet. Cars are zipping past you, it's almost like they're flying.

And if I wrote you a love song and sang it to you every day, would it ever be enough to make you wanna come back home and stay?
(I can't go another day without you)
Would it make you, make you, wanna stay?
(Girl you gotta know I love you)
Would it make you, make you, wanna stay?
(I can't go another day without you)

You slam on the brakes and it's too late. You can't stop the car from moving. There's no where to help yourself. You collide into the car in front of you and another car crashes into you behind you. There's no one here to help you. Half of you seem relieved about leaving like this, but the other half of you is shocked and scared. There are two things on your mind. Hunter and the unborn baby in your womb. The baby that would have Hunter's eyes and his smile . . . the baby would never get to see his parents. There is blood spilling from your stomach and sliding down from your forehead to your cheek. It's too late. Hunter wasn't coming to save you.

So much for Superman.

Would it make you, make you, wanna stay?