Imagine #20: Cry With You

Imagine your at the airport waiting to board the plane. Why are you here? Well, it all started with a fight. A fight with Hunter. Your first fight with him. So, you might as well imagine being in your living room first just to get the plot started.

You're in the living room because you just came home from work. You were a kindergarten teacher at the elementary school down the road. You decided to turn on the television on tuned into CMT music. Storme Warren was on talking about the latest gossip. You weren't exactly fond of him because he was the reason Twitter went crazy a few weeks ago because he had said that Hunter and Selena Gomez were flirting.

Hunter had told you that he would never hurt you like that. Hunter said that they had talked but Selena was the one who was flirting. You believed and everything was perfectly fine. You hadn't gotten in an argument that time because he had already mentioned it to you.

You were trying to think of a reason not to leave this wonderful place by the name of Nashville. You had some amazing memories here that you didn't want to leave but you had to leave. At some point you zoned out thinking about the fight you had earlier with Hunter before leaving.

"Just a fan? Looks more like something else to me."

"(Y/n), let me explain! I promised I would never hurt you." He was on the verge of tears. You felt bad for making him feel like this.

"I believed you and you went a kissed a fan!" You rushed to your room and grabbed a bag. You stuffed a lot of your clothes inside the bag and grabbed some necessities. "I don't want to hear it, Hayes."

"Where are you going? Don't leave me." He said almost in a whisper.

"Away, I'm going away. I'm leaving Nashville." He stood on the stairs shocked. He couldn't bare to lose you.

There wasn't much you could have done besides listen to his side of the story. You were afraid of being lied to and having to deal with pain. Hunter had promised you a better future, yet here he was in Nashville breaking your heart.

A crowd of people began to come through the gates at the airport also waiting to board the plane. They seemed to be entertained by something or someone. You could see a little thing making it's way through crowd. Part of you hoped that it was Hunter, meanwhile the other part just wanted to get out of Nashville.

"Now boarding, flight to New York." said a voice over the intercom. You got up from your seat and made your way to where the co-pilot stood. You walked slowly there but you could have sworn that you heard your name being called.

"(Y/n)! Wait, don't go! (Y/n)!" You knew that voice from away where. It was the voice that made you fall in love with him and country music. Hunter. You decided to stand your ground and walked a little faster away from him. Something stopped you though. There was a pair of large arms picking you up. The person seemed like a bear.

A huge bear but you turned around to see it was Matt. "Matt? Wha-wha-what are you doing here?"

"I'm saving my man's girl from making the biggest mistake of her life." Matt pulled you into a big hug. Hunter had called him to help him stop you from leaving.

"We're here too." Sam said with Devo and Steve behind him. They had all come to help Hunter. It was shocking to know that they would still come after everything that had happened.

"Come on. Let's sit down before you do something you'll regret." Devo said as he took the plane ticket from your hand.

"Stop, I need to see my girlfriend." Hunter said making his way through the crowd of fans. Yes, he signed a few but you were more important right now to him.

"Boys, I love you guys. I truly do, but I have to go before--"

"No! No! No! Don't leave! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Hunter said stumbling on his feet. You dropped your bags and caught him before he fell on his face. He had tear-stained cheeks and his eyes were red and puffy. His hair wasn't spiked up like the way it was before you went out the door of the house.

His hair was flat and his eyes were droopy, bloodshot red and very irritated. His eyes weren't shining and his face was pale. Hunter looked like he would faint any minute. "Don't leave. Don't leave. Don't leave." He mumbled in your arms. From a distance it looked you were holding a child who had lost his mother, but up close you had Hunter Hayes crying in your lap begging you not to leave.

"Stop crying. I hate seeing you cry." You say bringing his face and wipe away his tears. Yes, you two were seen as the crazy couple. The one crazy couple that people thought would never work but you were sure that they were jealous of what you and Hunter had. They didn't know about having to stay up all night just to hear his voice. They didn't know about what they were talking about.

These people didn't know about these you two went through just to make it work. That's when it hit you. They didn't know that you had waited all your life to see the man who was willing to stop you from leaving him. Here he was crying in your lap, hoping and praying, that you wouldn't leave his side. He loved you. You were irresistible for him and he was truly in love win you.

"I never kissed her. I was trying to stop her," he rambles through his tears, "I love you. I can't hurt you. I promised." You looked around to see Matt, Sam, Devo, and Steve giving you sad looks. This looked like a chic flick! You were about to the tissues out yourself. Why? You were on the verge of tears too.

"Is that true?" You said rubbing his back hoping he'd calm down. He nodded. You helped him sit in the chair. "Look at me," you say and he doesn't look at you, "Hunter, look at me."

He's not sure whether you're going to get mad or not, but decides to look at you anyways. He stares into your eyes and looks at all your little things that you considered flaws. To him you were flawless, you were his kind of perfect. He loved you and he couldn't lose you.

"I love you." He looks up at you a little surprised. He wasn't expecting you to say that. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said with a raspy voice. He had been crying too long. "What changed your mind?"

"They don't know how special you are. They can say anything they want cause they don't know about us." You say. He smiles and kisses you thankful that you didn't leave. He caught onto the One Direction pun you used.

"I see what you did there," he said smiling, "I love that song." He says and chuckles. He was remembering the fact that he had told you that he didn't like One Direction. Then one day, a One Direction song came on the radio and he fell in love with it.

"Can we go home now?" He says sticking his hand out for you to take. Devo still has the ticket in his hand. You take the ticket from Devo and look at Hunter. He looks heartbroken.

"Come on, we're going home!" You say taking Hunter's hand. The crowd that Hunter and you had attracted applauded with excitement. Some of them were even crying. The other boys cheered knowing that you were staying. "Come on, boys."

"I'm glad you changed your mind." Hunter said while entwining your fingers with his. Your hand fit perfectly inside his.

"I'm glad you stopped me. I don't think I would have been able to live knowing I didn't have you."