Reuqested Imagine #25: Cassandra

Imagine that you're struggling with English. You're sitting on the bed with notes and your English book surrounding you. Your class has just finished reading The Great Gastby and now you were reading about A Rose for Emily.

"I dont wanna do this any more!" You said out loud to yourself completely fogetting about Hunter who was in the kitchen.

"You don't wanna do what anymore, Cass?" He asked as he walked into the room with a cup of coffee. He handed you the mug and you took a sip of the warm beverage. You can feel the warm liquid trickiling down your thoart.

"A Rose for Emily. It's so confusing." You reply. He takes a sheet full of notes and reads it. He studies it for a minute and then finally comes to conclusion.

"I'll help you study, but you have to take a break first." He says and carefully pulls you in for a hug. After a hour long break, Hunter tells you it's time to get studying. He has another condition for studying. "If you get it right; I'll give you a kiss. If you don't, well you don't get a anything."

You laugh at the idea but you up for anything that will be able to help you remember this for English. You had to remember this.

"What are a few examples of foreshadowing?" Hunter asks. You don't even have to think about the answer because you already knew that.

"The stench from the house, Emily never let anyone in, the arsenic, and the men's clothes she had bought." You say easily.

"Four kisses for Cass!" He says and kisses you on the nose, cheeks, and lips. You feel yourself giggling and he chuckles. "Next question. Why do the townspeople fail to discover Miss Emily's secret before her death?"

You think for a minute or two and it seems to Hunter that you can't think of an answer to the question. You look at him hoping that he'll give you a hint, but he's simply watching you think and waiting for your response. You shrug. "I'm clueless."

"No kiss then. I guess we can come back to that one. It sounds difficult anyways."

"That's because you haven't read it, Hunter."

"Touché." He says and you can't help but laugh at his fake thick French accent. "Whatrole did that town and its attitude play in the fate of Miss Emily? Wait, what? That question doesn't even make sense, Cass."

"It might not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me. First of all, her father never let her date and she was too fond of the idea of moving a dead body and sticking it in the ground. Emily wanted someone to love her. She felt unwanted."

"Maybe, she's to listen to Wanted," he says laughing at his pun because he knows that Miss Emily is more than likely a fictional character. You playfully punch him in the arm and he mocks a painful hurt on his face, "Ow. Keep your fighter hands to yourself, Cass. I'm a delicate boy. I was just kidding anyways."

He leans to kiss you and you can't put pull him in closer to you. You tired of all this studying. Besides, you were pretty sure you understood the story now since Hunter had helped you study. He pulls back and leans his forehead against yours, smiling. "I'm done studying."

"Me too! I think we should go to Starbucks for some coffee."

"Hunter, you just had coffee in your hand not too long ago!" You exclaimed and laughed at his coffee addiction.

"I finished it already, mom. Besides, Starbucks has coffee ready and to go. I don't feel like prepping it this time. Well I'm actually an iced chai tea anyways." You laugh at his comment. When isn't he craving coffee or tea? He needed coffee and tea as much as he needed music. If he didn't have either, he simply wouldn't be Hunter.

"Gee, thanks babe. I'm feeling the love. Thank you for helping me study, Hunter." You say and place a kiss on his cheek.

"Anything for my girl." He says as he wraps his arm around your waist and kisses your forehead.