Requested Imagine #38: Danielle Pecanty

Author's Note:

"If You Told Me To" is perfect for this imagine.

***********************

Imagine Hunter has called you and invited you to come have coffee with him. You accept the invitation and go to the Starbucks down the street. You see his black Range Rover parked in the parking lot. You walk into the coffee shop and you're greeted by everyone in there. You smile and greet them all.

"Hey beautiful," Hunter says smiling at you. He doesn't take his eyes off you as he pulls your chair out like the gentleman he is.

"Hey handsome," you reply.

"Listen, I finally got an apartment here in Nashville. I've decided to live my life here," Hunter begins and takes your hand entwining your fingers with his, "I've been thinking. What if we take this another step?"

You looked at him confused. You're don't even know what he's talking about, "I'm not understanding."

"I mean, would you want to move in with me?" He asks you and you don't even have to think about it twice. You quickly nod your head and he laughs at your excitement.

"I'd love to," you say, "When do we get started?"

"Today if you want."

You're more than positive that you've packed everything that you needed from your apartment. You're ready at Hunter's apartment with some boxes. In the meantime, he's back at your place still picking up some boxes. You look around the place and it feels like home. It's comfortable.

Hunter comes in through the door with boxes in his arms and you take some from him so he can actually see and walk straight.

"Thanks Dan."

"Gee, what a feminine name." You say sarcastically and he laughs. He sets the boxes down and walks over to you. The blonde twenty-two year old wrapped his arms around you and kissed your cheek.

"You know I love you."

"I love you too." You say and turn around to give him a quick kiss.

"Let's get to opening these boxes!" Hunter says excitedly and begins to open one, "Uh, Dani? Do you still sleep with a bear?"

"Yeah, a white teddy bear. Wait, how do you know that?"

"He's right here." Hunter says and pulls out the fluffy white bear from the box, "He's even got a bow tie!"

"Yes, yes he does," you answer. Nobody knew you still slept with a teddy bear. Not even your best friend. Everyone thought that you had grown out of the habit but clearly you didn't.

"Hey, I promise I won't tell anyone. Besides, I still sleep with penguin."

"Alright, you don't tell and neither do I. It's a done deal." You shake his hand and he laughs but agrees. At the most three hours have passed by since you've moved in. Both of you have only spent an hour actually doing something productive. The other two hours, you two have been goofing off.

He sitting on the couch while you're sitting on the floor. He has his guitar in his hands, "Whatcha' playin' Hayes?"

"I'm not sure," he answers. You don't ask anymore questions because if you do, he'll get distracted and he'll lose his train of thought. Whatever he's strumming sounds absolutely amazing. It sounds peaceful yet sweet and lovey dovey.

The song had a nice ring to it. It's catchy and it's got you swaying a little from side to side and humming very softly, "I got it."

"I love it."

"But you haven't heard it."

"I heard the tune and I think it's perfect. I love it." You say and give him a warm smile. He smiles back at you and continues talking.

"Good, because I wrote for you." Your heart stops and you can't believe what he said.

"Really?" You ask him wondering if he's actually kidding, "Am I being punked?"

He shakes his head and laughs. Hunter motions you to sit down beside him and you do. He begins to strum the guitar with the same tune but this time with words.

"I'd run through the desert, I'd walk through the rain. Get you into trouble and take all the blame . . ." He finishes singing the song and you can't help but agree that you love it. It's the best thing you've ever heard and you love it.

"I love it. I love it. I love it."

"I'm glad you do because it's going on the record."

"Are you for real? Like seriously?" You asking him shocked.

"Yes, your song is going on the album," he says while he's texting away on his phone. You even know who it is already. He's texting Sam because there isn't a thing Hunter doesn't tell Sam about. Those two are like brothers, "Sam likes it too."

"I'll give Dann a call in the meantime." You say and dial Dann's number. He picks on the first ring.

"Hey, Dan. It's Danielle."

"Dani! Hey, how are you? What's up?" He answers cheerfully into the other end of the line.

"Well, H wanted me to tell you that he's got another song for the album ready. He just wrote right now." You say happily, proud of your boyfriend.

"Can you guys come over to the studio? I should be there in about fifteen minutes. I'll ca-"

"No, Dann. I'll call the other boys. Drive carefully now and we'll see you then." You both bid each adieu and hang up. You tell Hunter about meeting Dann and the others in the studio.

"Thank you." He says and kisses your forehead.

"For what?"

"For being my inspiration for writing music. Thank you." He says kissing you gently and passionately before walking out the door of the apartment.