Chapter 5 - Passing Down to Memory Lane

"Rule number one" Andy said while I lean my back against the tree. "In every move we made, don't make it too peRsonal...It's just business"

I shift awkwardly as I try to focus on what Andy is saying. "Yeah" I said.

"Number two" She said holding two fingers up. "You can only do lovey dovey stuffs to me when the TARGET is around"

"Target is around...got that"

"Then lastly" she said as she held three fingers up "You can kiss me anywhere in my face except for my ears cause it tickles and my.....lips" she pauses "But kiss me only when the target is around"

"That seems fair enough" I said trying to hide my dissapointment.Wait--Why am I dissapointed? I mentally slapped myself and scratched my head.

"Got that Mr. Smarty Pants?" Andy asked waiting for my answer.

"You don't have to ask me that. I already got it from the beginning."

"Now you're bragging about it" she said with one eyebrow raised.

"Of course" I said smoothing my shirt "That's what handsome creatures do"

"Yes...a creature." She said emphasizing the word creature.

"It's getting late...Shall I escort you to your humble abode, milady?" I teased.

"Nah it's okay, Besides you need to get back to your cage or you might run loose again...Creature of the night." She giggled.

"Alas, the fair young lady has spoken the truth" I chuckled. We burst ot laughing at our little stage act and went home.

I made my way towards my room after greeting my parents.I was so tired for the day. I let myself fall on the bed and spend some time looking at the ceiling.I looked at my side and saw a picture of Nathan. I grabbed it and placed it next to me.

God, I miss him. But I knew he's somewhere with you. So please take care of him while he's up there. But during the last few weeks, I kinda found myself talking to this picture. It sooths me and it's like Nathan's really here.

I sat up, facing the picture as I placed it back on the side table.

"This was a surprising day, Nathan. If you were here we'd just shrug it off and hang out. You know, Greyson's acting a wee bit weird today. He's always in a daze. One time, I caught him staring at me. It kinda creeps me out but, it's cool right? I mean we're best friends. I wish Sam would take Greyson back though. So that we could quit the act. We both know that my heart is yours, right?" I gently grabbed the picture and kissed it. I smiled as I tuck in bed.

"It's gonna be rough day tomorrow but..I know you'd help me get through. Good night, Nathan" I said then turn the light off.

---------------------------------------

I lie in bed and stare at the gray ceiling. I kept on thinking about Sam. How her hair falls down and how perfect her lips are. Oh how I miss kissing them. Too bad she's with that Cody guy. I ruffled my hair then sat up. The picture of us caught my eye.

It was Nathan hugging Andy and Sam kissing my cheek. I miss my best friend. At times like this, He always know what to do. He was the one who helped me with Sam. I really owe a lot to him, actually. He changed a lot ever since he and Andy started dating. I remember the first time we met Andy.

"Nathan, where are we going?" I asked out of frustration.

"I don't know, actually." Nathan said scratching the back of his neck.

"I think we're lost. All I see is children and I'm getting thirsty"

"Well I'm the one who got us into this mess so it's on me. Wait here"