Chapter 14 - Life's a climb, but the view's great

I wake up on the floor and sit up to find an empty hotel room. I itch my arm and see something black on it. I look closer and realise it's a note from Alli.

It says: 'tiaaaa! Cody wouldn't let me wake you up cuz you looked 'too peaceful' appaz. We're in games room. Wear a bikini. xoxo'

She could have just left the note on a piece of paper, but no, Alli has to be original. I grab my phone and look at the time. 10:45. Crap, I better get ready quickly! I run into the bathroom and rub off as much of the pen as possible. I brush my teeth and put on a green and White spotty bikini, some White shorts, and a loose, pink top that's slightly see through. I brush my hair and don't bother straightening it seeing as we're going swimming. I leave my phone in my bag and go down to the games room, where Alli, Greyson and Cody are playing on the wii.

'Morning sleepy head.' Cody says as I sit down next to Alli and yawn.

I'm feeling kind of awkward after last night. I don't know what to do? Maybe if I back off, I'll start to not like him? Yeah. Let's try that.

I quietly say morning, and pick up the fourth controller to join in. I don't bother trying and end up coming 3rd in most of the races.

'hey, umm Tia. Can I talk to you for a minute?' Alli asks.

'Yeah sure.'

I get up and follow her out into the corridor. She turns to me and folds her arms across her chest.

'Whats up? You're really quiet, and you always win on the wii!?'

'I just. I um. Okay, I'm just gonna say this. You know our conversation on the first night here? Yeah? Well, I realised last night, that I think I like my best friend.'

I stare at her, waiting for her to remember our conversation and understand what I mean.

'What do you mean? Who's your best- oh. Right. I see.'

'Yeah...'

'Wait, why are you so upset about that?'

'Im not upset. I just feel awkward around him after what happened.'

I don't say specifically the kiss, thinking that she'll know what I'm taking about.

'What happened?'

Maybe she didn't notice then?

'Oh nothing. It's just when we were slow dancing, i think cody was leaning in to kiss me, but then the music stopped. And now I feel stupid, because I've just realised how stupid that sounds. Why would he want to kiss me?'

'Oh wow! I did not see that one coming!? Okay, well first of all why wouldn't he want to kiss you?'

'because it's me?'

'dude! Okay, don't tell Cody I told you this, but I can tell he likes you from the way he looks at you. You know the girl and the texts I was on about? That's you! He likes you!'

'Oh. Wow. But what should I do? I'm scared?'

'Just act normal, like nothing ever happened. Oh and flirt! I'll help you out.' she laughs

'right, got it. Thanks Alli, your the best. I know this must be kind of awkward for you.'

'nah, I'm used it. Everyone wants a bit of us Simpson's.' she winks.

She gives me a hug and we walk back into the gameroom. I feel better now. I honestly don't know why I was stressing over it all.

'You girls okay?' Greyson asks as we sit back down on the floor.