Chapter 3 - Meeting the neighbours (Cody's P.O.V)

Cody's P.O.V

We've just arrived at our new house in England. It's a lot smaller than our house in LA, but I like it. It makes me feel like a normal 14 year old kid. I head upstairs to my room and start to unpack all my furniture and clothes and stuff. After half an hour, I'm already bored. I look out my window ad see our garden and our neighbours garden, behind ours. They have a trampoline, that means they have kids :D. I hope they're around my age, i mean, I love hanging with Tom and Alli but it'd be nice to chill with someone else.

'Cody, Alli, Tom! Come downstairs please!' I hear dad shout.

I walk into the kitchen and see everyone standing around the table.

'Okay guys. One of the neighbours has told me that some kids around your age live in the house behind us so I figured you'd want to meet them and say hi. And you probably want a break from unpacking so why don't you go round and introduce yourselves.'

'it'll be good for you guys to make some friends around here.' mum says as she walks into the kitchen.

We all put on our shoes and walk next-door. Tom won't stop going on about the fact that he hopes one of the children is his age so they can play together and how he'll invite them over everyday and do everything together. At first it's cute but after about a minute of it, I have to tell him to calm down because I can't take it any longer. We reach the door and Alli rings the doorbell. A woman opens the door and no one speaks so I guess Alli is expecting me to speak.

'Errrm, hi. We just moved into the house behind yours and we heard you might have some children around our age so we thought we could come and introduce ourselves.'

'Oh of course! I forgot all about getting new neighbours. I'll just go get Tia, you look around her age. I'm Donna by the way.'

'Okay, thanks.'

She walks into some other room and we hear her shout something to someone who I'm guessing is upstairs? About 45 seconds later, she's back at the front door.

'Do you guys want to come in? She only woke up half an hour ago and she's still in her pyjamas but if you don't mind waiting about 10 minutes, she should be down pretty soon?'

Alli, for some strange reason, decides that she would rather unpack than meet this mystery girl so says to Donna,

'Its okay, we've got to finish unpacking but mum asked me to invite you guys over for dinner tonight. Would 6 o'clock be okay?'

'Yeah, that should be fine. It was lovely to meet you guys, sorry about my daughter being too lazy to get up before 10am.'

'Its alright, we'll meet her tonight. Bye Donna!'

'Bye.'

When we get back, we tell mum and dad what happened and carry on unpacking. It's the most boring thing ever so I grab my guitar and try to think of a new song. I'm halfway through writing the melody when I hear the doorbell so I go to get up but I see Alli run past my door to go downstairs and answer the door. I stop playing to try and hear who's at the door but all I can hear is the occasional word and none of it gives me a clue of who might be here. About 5 minutes later, Alli walks back upstairs so I ask her who was here.

'That was Tia, one of the girls from next door. She felt bad for not being able to say hi earlier so she came and introduced herself.'

'Oh cool.'

'Yeah, she seems really nice. I mean I'm fairly sure that she knew who I was but she didn't ask me if I was your sister or if you were here. She just treated me normally.'

'So how do you know, she knew it was you?'

'Look outside.'

I get up and look out of my window. Walking on the field at the side of my house and the house behind ours, is a girl with short, straight brown hair. She's walking two dogs and she looks quite short. But it's what she's wearing that attracts my attention. She's wearing blue shorts with my name written across the back in pink. My merchandise.

'So she's a big fan, I'm guessing?'

'Well she's wearing your shorts, sunglasses, bracelets and silly bandz. So I'm gonna say yeah. She's your biggest fan.'

'Well that's just great isn't it!? We've moved next door to my biggest fan.'

'and she's coming over for dinner tonight.' Alli says, obviously enjoying my pain.

'Oh shut up Alli. She's probably your fan aswell you know!'

'Chill out Cody. I don't think she's gonna go all fan girl on you. She doesn't seem like that kind of girl :)'

'Okay, if you say so. Thanks Alli.'

'Anytime bro.'

I spend the rest of the day packing until mum asks me to lay the garden table for the huge dinner party tonight. At about 6, the door bell rings so I go to answer it. Mum gets there at the same time as me so I hold the door open whilst she speaks to them. Mum introduces herself and walks towards the garden with Donna's family following behind. There's another woman who looks about 52, I'm guessing it's Tia's gran, then there's a girl who looks about 17, a girl who looks the same age as Tom and then. Woah. That must be Tia? She's absolutely gorgeous! She has the most beautiful blue eyes, and her dress really suits her. She's not wearing too much make-up either. I think I'm gonna like living here ;). I'm not sure whether she catches me staring or if it's because she knows who I am, but she blushes, smiles and says thank you. Oh yeah, I totally forgot I was holding the door open for her.

'No problem.' I smile at her, close the door and walk behind her, to the garden.

She's so gorgeous. Her eyes. Her smile. Everything about her is just. Wow. and she didn't go all fan girl on me. I really hope I get to know her better tonight.