Chapter 2 - Meeting the Simpsons

I think I spent around 2 hours getting ready to go to dinner with our new neighbours. I don't even know whether it is Cody's family but I need to look my best just incase. After i'd run upstairs and into my room, I opened my wardrobe and pulled out anything that might be an option. After half an hour, I decide on my short-ish, white summer dress with my blue and white, stripy Cardigan. I pair this with my brown gladiator sandals and put on my Cody Simpson bracelets (I never take them off), my tiffany bracelet, my pandora bracelet and my tiffany necklace. Casual but classy. Perfect. I straighten my hair again to make sure it's perfect and put in my white flower to finish off my outfit. I finish off the look by putting on a touch of foundation, some eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. I look in the mirror and decide that I don't look too bad. I mean, it's better than I usually look but I doubt it's enough to impress Cody. Just think of how many girls he sees everyday. I've got no chance, but I guess being friends wouldn't be too bad either. I go into my sister's room and see that they're almost ready so I help my little sister do her hair so that we can go next door quicker. When I've done helping Isabella, I'm far too nervous to stand still so I tell my older sister to hurry up and leave the room. I pass my brother's room and help my mum to get my foster brothers ready for bed. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I live with my nan, grandad, mum, 2 sisters and my 2 foster brothers who are both 3. Ryan and Jude (foster brothers) are too young and naughty to come to dinner with us so my grandad is staying at home to look after them whilst my nan, mum, sisters and I, go next door.

By the time we leave the house I'm so nervous, I think I might be sick.

'Chill out Tia Just act cool. It's all gonna be fine.' I repeat in my head over and over again.

We've just reached the door and rang the doorbell. Oh my god. Crap. It's too late to go back. Oh god I'm gonna be sick.

'hi, I'm Angie. You must be our new neighbours?' says the woman as she opens the door.

Sweet baby jesus! It HAS to be the Simpson's! That is definitely Cody's mum and the girl earlier was definitely Cody's sister.

'hi Angie, I'm Donna and this is my family.'

How can mum be so chill about this? That is Angie freaking Simpson!

'Come in, Come in. I'll show you through to the garden where we'll be eating and I'll introduce you to the family.'

We all walk through, following Angie. I'm the last to walk through the door and I turn to say thanks to whoever is holding the door open and I swear my heart skips a beat. No joke. As if Cody Simpson is holding the door open for ME. No way is this happening!? Okay. Just chill Tia. You've got this.

'Thanks' I say whilst smiling as nicely as I can.

I think I'm going to faint.

'No problem.'

Kebshskdvvwuavamdkdb. CODY ROBERT SIMPSON JUST SMILED AT ME AND SPOKE TO ME. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.

'Act casual Tia. Pull yourself together.' I think

I don't know how excited I look on the outside but on the inside I'm dying. We get outside, me behind my family and Cody behind me, and Alli tackles me with a huge hug.

'Wow, she's friendly! I have really got to stop talking to myself in my head.' I think.

'Hey Alli' I say, a bit too enthusiastically but I don't think she notices.

'Hi Tia! I couldn't wait for you to come over. This evenings gonna be so much fun!'

'And that's Tia.' my mum says, whilst pointing to me. I guess she was introducing everyone. I smile as everyone looks at me. Including Cody. Can this guy get any hotter!?

'Hi Tia, I'm Angie. This is Brad and Tom.' she tells everyone whilst pointing to Cody's dad and little brother. 'That's Alli.' pointing towards me and Alli. 'And this is Cody.' she says grabbing onto Cody's shoulder. Cody gives his amazing smile and I'm this close to dying.

'Hey Cody, come over and say hi to Tia' shouts Alli across the garden.

Oh god no. What the hell did she do that for!? Now I'm gonna embarrass myself. Oh crap he's almost here. Chill.

'Hi Tia, you've probably realised from the number if times people have said my name, but I'm Cody'

That accent. Is he trying to kill me!?

'Hahah' I nervously laugh, 'hey Cody, I'm Tia...wait. Oh crap. Sorry. You already said my name. Just ignore me.' smooth Tia. Smooth. Now he thinks you're a retard. That's just great isn't it?

'Ahah, it's alright.' Cody says while Alli laughs her head off at me. I can tell Alli is going to be a supportive friend. not.

'Dinner's ready guys!' shouts Brad.

'Finally! I'm starving!' Alli shouts back.

'Oh pipe down Alli' replies Angie.

Alli's already at the table by the time I've even stood up so I walk next to Cody. Awkward silence much? When we sit down, I'm next to Alli and facing Cody which I can tell is going to be a disaster. I'm going to end up spilling something all over me or worse. The food is amazing! I don't have a clue what it is but it is good! Alli is just asking me loads of the usual questions, how old I am, where I go to school etc. and Cody is just listening to us. When Alli runs out of questions to fire at me, she starts to talk to Naomi (my older sister), leaving me and Cody in silence. What do I say to a guy like him? I'm just going through possible topics in my head, that I could ask about, when he breaks the silence and says

'I like your bracelets ;)'

I instinctively look down at my wrist and realise he's talking about my Cody Simpson bands. Well that's embarrassing.

'aha, thanks' that fake laugh was awful and I have a feeling that I've blushed to the colour of a tomato. This guy must think I'm the biggest retard around.

'sooo....are you having a nice summer so far Tia?'

'Errm, yeah it's not been too bad thanks. How's yours?'

'Good. Um, yeah it's been good thanks. Busy but I've had some fun.'

By now the meals finished and Alli decides to join us again. Thank god for that, because this conversation was about to get even more awkward.

'Tia, Cody, do you wanna go for a walk with me? I've eaten way too much and I don't know my way around here yet.'

'Yeah, sure. Sounds fun. I might just go get changed out of this dress though if that's okay?'

'Yeah that's fine. Hey mum? Is it okay if Tia, Cody and I go for a walk?'

'that's fine by me if it's okay with Tia's mum?'

'Yep, that's fine.'

'Im just gonna go get changed first mum. I'll meet you guys back here?'

'Sure thing! I'll see you in a minute.' Alli says as I walk toward the front door.

'Bye Tia' shouts Cody from the garden.

I shout 'bye' back and skip all the way home. Life is amazing right now and I'm the happiest girl ever.