Chapter 8- the Centaur Speeks

"My lord," said Snape softly, "the Centaur has only said a few things during further questioning."

"These are?" hissed Voldemort.

"Some of it is in a tongue we do not understand. Other things, well, you'd have to hear them yourself."

"Bring him to me, then."

 There were several minutes of silence, then a large body was being dragged across the floor. There was a sound as someone kicked the beast and it whimpered in fear.

"What you have told my servants you will now tell me," Voldemort hissed to the Centaur. 

"The stars," groand the Centaur, "I can not see the stars where you keep me."

"Crucio!" screamed Voldemort.

When the Centaurs screams died away he spoke again.

"Tell me, Centaur, about the Powerful One."

"She is coming. She is coming. Her cubs grow and are fire and ice. She is beautiful, stunningly so. She has eyes like The Unicorn and the light inside her glows in the darkest of nights. She will liberate us. She is coming. She has thwarted you once and will thwart you again. She will come here. She is beautiful. She is a great warrior. She has stricken your most Loyal. She has one amongst your ranks and he is father to the ice cub."

Then the Centaur began to speak in the old tounge which Voldemort did not understand, but I did.

 "She is here, listening, She will bring you to your knees!"

 "CRUCIO!" bellowed Voldemort.

Again and again he cursed the Centaur. Then it was dragged away and Voldemort thought over the words that the Centaur had said. 

"My most Loyal," he murmured, "she has twarted me before? She has one in my ranks..."

When I awoke I was warm, but how? I opened my eyes and sat up, stretching. I looked about myself to find I was inside a large building, a visitors centre. I looked about myself and found that it was broad daylight and people were milling around and there was a woman sat beside me.

"Are you alright?" she asked nervously.

"Yeah," I said, my necklace charms jingling.

"We found you outside the building, what happened? Were you involved in the digging up of some of the earth inside the most inner circle?"

"No," I said firmly, "was there anyone with me?"

"No, there wasn't. Are you sure you're alright? Do we need to phone an ambulance? You were rather bad for a time there, shaking and yelling in some strange language..."

"No, I'm fine, thank you."

"If you're certain."

I nodded and stood up, a little unsteady, then thanked the woman again and set off out into the car oark which was starting to flood with tourists already. When I found a secluded spot I sent She off in order to find Buck and Hartley. She returned minutes latter and spoke in Hartley's voice.

"Caramela, we had to leave you where you would be found, we mustn't be seen, so we hid. Follow the partonus back to us and we will go back to France together."

I followed She through the undergrowth and eventually we came to a small thicket of bushes and pushed my way through the cracking branches until I came to Hartley and Buck at his centre. They nodded to me and I at them.