Chapter 2- Death Eaters in the Long Grass

I woke every few hours in the night to care for the babies, but I didn't mind. I tried to think of what to name them, but I just couldn't think straight. I was asleep when it came to me in a dream, the names of my babies. A whispering voice talked to me and I knew that it wasn't evil or vindictive, it sounded like the wind in the trees and melodic like the voice of an angel.

"...Call your son Fafnir, for he has a Dragon inside and his fire shall set fire to many hearts and light the way... Call your daughter Fawn, for she is fair and like a deer, beautiful and fast..."

I awoke with a start and went over to the cots that had been Fred and George's. Inside my babies looked up at me, their eyes bright and wide. I reached down and picked up the boy in my arms.

"Fafnir?" I asked in a whisper.

He giggled and gurgled happily and I knew it was the right name. I put him down and picked the girl up in my arms.

"Fawn?" I murmured to her.

She gave a beautiful gurgling laugh and my heart expanded with joy. I placed her back in her cot and went back to my bed, letting out a contented sigh. My beautiful babies, Fafnir and Fawn. After a time I once again fell asleep.

In the morning I took then down to breakfast and handed them over to Fred and George who took them happily from me, cooing over them.

"I have their names, now," I pronounced.

Every ear was now listening and I smiled brightly as I spoke.

"The little girl is called Fawn and the little boy is called Fafnir."

"Excellent names," said Fred happily, cuddling Fawn to himself.

"Yeah," I said, grabbing a plate of food, then sitting down to eat hungrily.

Once I was finished I left Fawn and Fafnir in the arms of the twins and went to Rons room, knocking on the door softly.

"Yeah? If it's Ginny, I don't care how much you beg, you can't have my sodding scarf!" he shouted.

"I wouldn't want your manky scarf anyway!" shouted Ginny from somewhere down stairs.

"Stupid cow," he muttered.

"It's not Ginny, it's Caramela, can I please come in?" I asked.

There was movement inside and Ron opened the door for me, a welcoming if confused smile on his face. I stepped in and took a seat on the edge of his bed.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked.

"I just needed to write a letter and I needed somewhere quiet. Could I have some parchment and borrow your quill, please?" I asked.

"Sure," he shrugged, hunting out some parchment and giving me his quill and ink well.

I sat and wrote a short letter to Draco.

Dearest Dragon,

The Snow Child is named Fafnir. I should like the two Dragons to meet. The elder Dragon shall adore the Snow Child.

Unicorn.

I cast She and gave her instructions to remain invisible to any but Draco and me. She nodded and took the letter, bounding away. I smiled to Ron and he smiled back.

"I never did thank you for saving my neck," I said to him, "back when me and Harry had that duel in the Gryfindor common room."

"It was nothing," he shrugged, "you were pregnant with my brothers babies."