Chapter 27- Running out of Time

I pounced, my wings spreading, carrying my to the centre of the attackers, entangling with one of them. They screamed and I slashed them with my claws, making them drop to the ground, then swung myself, catching one behind me in my almighty paw. I felt curses hit my fur and I turned with a roar, slashing at one of the attackers, then firing a hex at another from my paw pads.

I didn't have a plan, as such, other than to work through the attackers and reach the castle doors before they did. My heart pounded in my chest as I bound through them, spells ricocheting off of my fur. I took several of them down as I moved, trying to keep tabs on my fighters. The noise was incredible, the screams and gut wrenching sounds assaulted the ears. But, for me, in that moment, it seemed to be distant as I felt something in the pit of my stomach.

Something was wrong.

I could feel it in my every fiber. But what it was, I just didn't know. All I knew was that I had to get to the castle.  

In the castle Fred battled a masked man, George was fending off another. Fred was loosing. In just a few well aimed spells he knew he was a dead man. Then, the masked man went down. Behind him, wand raised, was Draco. Fred was confused, why had Malfoy felled one of his own. Fred was weary of the known Death Eater, but something seemed to soften him when he saw the fear in his eyes.

"Please, listen to me," he said urgently to Fred.

"Why should I trust anything you say?" demanded Fred in a low voice.

"I just saved your life," growled Draco, "we have to find Caramela. They have the babies."

"Th-the babies?"

"The twins, our children," said Draco urgently.

 I saw Laurentia at my side, her werewolf claws were covered in blood, her eyes were wide and yellow. She looked at me and I could swear she grinned before launching herself at another attacker. I pounced another werewolf from the opposing side, taking them down easily. 

I was nearly at the castle doors which were wide open, spilling the light out onto the lawns. The battle was forcing its way inside. It was painful to see my home being violated in this way. Spells and curses zig-zagged around me, lighting up the night.

My heart felt ready to burst. 

Then there was sudden, sharp pain in the fore-front of my mind. I fell forwards, my feline legs no longer holding me up. In a jolt I was thrust into Voldemort's mind, something that hadn't happened in a long while. Not because I was strong, but because he had kept me out.

He was... Triumphant. Jubulant. But why?

I saw his handful of Death Eaters that had stayed behind, one of them was Narsisa, seeing as her wand was given to her son. She looked terrified. Voldemort laughed, a terrifying, grating noise.

"I know you can see us, Caramela," he hissed, making my lips move with his, mimicking his words.

"What do you want?" I moaned, making his lips move to my words.

He hated that I had power like that over him. But he had something that was more powerful over me. 

"I have something that belongs to you," he snarled, "two somethings, in fact."

He looked down, into his arms.

My heart stopped.

I roared, seeing red, my mind snapping into my body. My babies. My babies. I slashed at everything that tried to get past me, biting and ripping. I bounded towards the castle, not thinking straight.