Chapter Six

The sound of my doorbell ringing woke up me early the next morning; I moaned as I looked over at the bedside clock to see it was only five in the morning. Who would be at my door at five A.M.? I rolled out of bed and wrapped my robe around me as I headed to the door still half asleep. The person waiting for me to answer obviously got impatient as the ringing turned to pounding on the door.

“I’m coming hold your horses.” I mumbled mostly to myself as I took the last few steps to the door. I cracked open the door slightly to find Mikko waiting impatiently to get inside; crap, how could I forget that he was coming?

“Come in.” I said moving out from in front of the door to let him through. As soon as the door was open he looked over my body stopping when his eyes landed on my overgrown tummy.

“It’s not polite to stare.” I said rudely as I waited for him to enter; he reluctantly took his gaze off my stomach and walked in the house.

“Where’s your furniture? He asked looking around the room; the only furniture I had time to purchase since I arrived was a small leather chair, an end table, and a TV with a stand.

“I’ve been busy. Why are you even here?” I asked.

“Isn’t that obvious?” He answered motioning to my stomach.

“So what you wanted proof; you wanted to see for yourself?” I asked placing my hands on my hips.

“No, I came to take you back home with me. There is a lot we need to talk about. Did you pack your things?” He asked looking around the house for something.

“Like I said before I am not going anywhere; this is my home now. I don’t know what makes you think that you can just come here and force me to leave with you. If you think that just because I am carrying your child you have some type of claim or power over me your wrong!” I stated being as firm as I could with my words.

“Don’t make this difficult Elena.” Mikko replied as he sat down in my leather chair and ran his hand through his hair.

“I’m not making anything difficult; you’re the one making things difficult. Who shows up at someone’s doorstep at five in the morning and demands that they leave their home and job without an explanation to go with their ex-boyfriend who cheated on them? That sir is what I call making things difficult.” I said back leaning against the wall seeing that my only chair was already taken.

“You don’t understand this isn’t a… normal… pregnancy. I need to take you to see our pa…our specialist.” Mikko replied stumbling on his own words.

“What do you mean it’s not a normal pregnancy?” I asked curiously; I had a clue that it wasn’t normal seeing that the baby was growing at a faster rate than normal but I still had no idea why.

“Go pack your things and I will explain when I get you back home.” He said standing up from the chair to pace the room.

“Explain now.” I demanded.

“This is not the time or place Elena! Now please go and get your things or I will pack for you.” He said as he looked around the house most likely trying to find my room.