Chapter Two

The next morning I was up and ready by 7:30 and headed out the door to catch my cab. I stopped short when I was met in the parking lot by an average sized man with dark hair and sun glasses standing next to a town car.

"Ms. Benton?" He asked as I started to walk by. Damn, this must be the 'driver' Mikko was talking about.

"Yes, please just call me Elena.” I said shaking his hand.

"John Roberts. Please let me know if there is anything you need Ms. Benton." He said opening the back door for me.

"Please John, just Elena." I said as I got in the car.

          The car ride was short and peaceful, John offered to get the door when we arrived but I insisted to get it myself; that would just be too much, the private driver was already a lot to handle. I went to the elevator and headed to my office. My first week was mostly getting use to the new accounts, and meeting new people in the office. By the end of the second week I already had a routine, and even got friendly hellos from people throughout the building that I had met. It felt good to finally be settling into my new job; well at least my job for the next two and a half months.

          I waited in the elevator as it rose to the 12th floor; I had to drop off my bi- weekly report to Mr. Stronghold. I nervously smoothed the front of my new white suit jacket. It was the first thing that I had bought for myself since I arrived in Cali; I figured that I had saved enough money from not having to pay cab fare that I could afford to splurge a little.

          The bell dinged as I reached my destination and I took a deep breath as I walked towards the main desk. Agh, I really hope that I don't see Mikko. I hadn't seen him since that awkward dinner and if there was anywhere I would run into him it would probably be here. I still hadn’t figured out what his role at this company was or his last name; I would have to remember to look that up.

          I went over the report with Mr. Stronghold; he told me that he was getting great reviews about me and he liked my work. I was in the best mood by the time I left his office; maybe I should go out and celebrate. I stopped at the water dispenser in the hall by a restroom on my way to the elevator. I filled the plastic cup and took a drink as I started back down the hall. A door suddenly flew open in front of me; knocking the water out of my hand and spilling it down the front of my suit jacket. I didn't even have to look up to recognize the voice.

"Shit!" Mikko said as he grabbed my arm and dragged me through the door he just hit me with.

          We walk down a small hallway and ended up in a bathroom with two sinks, two stalls that stretched all the way to the ceiling but were open at the floor, and a urinal with a half wall on the side of it. I could feel the heat from his hand through the sleeve of my jacket distracting me from what was happening. Shit, why did I get like this around him?

"Take it off." He ordered. My eyes shot up to meet his, what did he just say?

"What?" I said finally finding my voice.

"Your jacket, take it off so we can dry it." He said as he started to get some paper towels. Oh!