Species Part 10

As soon as Adam and I said our goodbyes, I rushed back to my car. I needed to shake off everything that I felt from all the drinks. 

First, I need to drive over to a gas station and get me some coffee.

As I did that, I was multitasking and checking my texts while stopped. I saved Brad's message which had the address in it, and made sure that I told Keith to cancel, -that was a stupid idea in the first place- and before I started any of this, I took a peak into my trunk to make sure everything was still there and intact.

I tried to slow my self down, right before taking a sip of that horrifically sludgy gas station coffee, but I was so nervous and excited that it was useless. 

It's also useless to try to relax considering caffeine is an upper and you need to get yourself sober from earlier dumbass. May as well caffeine up.

I took a couple of deep breathes and got started on the trek to Santa Monica. It was about twenty minutes of a drive, and I attempted to mellow myself out by listening to some Jets to Brazil

Fuck, I love this band. 

I couldn't help but think about the significance of what I was about to do. I was for the first time in a long time, pretty happy about myself, where I am and what I stood for. 

By the mere fact of me contributing at all to this industry that i've loved for so long, was really quiet rewarding. 

Yeah, granted, I know was just about to intentionally kill god only knows how many people, but they were all corrupted, and poisonous and beyond the point of any return. 

As I pulled up to the building I noticed it was already smoking and I was very confused. 

I pulled up and rushed inside. 

Brad was right, he did a great job with the place. It looked swanky, low-lit and atmospheric. If I had to be standing in a rape dungeon, I would definitely say that this was classiest of all of the rape dungeons -that i've seen at least.

I noticed the smoke was from a smoke machine in the corner.

That's fucking perfect. This would cover the gas that i'm pumping into the building, and theoretically, it would cover the minor scent too!

It really was a great place, there were eight separate rooms in here and one huge open space as well. 

It's a pretty big shame that i'll be blowing it the fuck up, but eh, what can you do?

After moving the car a bit further away -and a lot less conspicuously parked right in front of it- I grabbed all of my supplies, I made my way to the roof from the fire escape. I unloaded everything right by the air conditioning system. I put on my supplies and dragged those horrendously heavy Endosulfin tanks in place. It was that perfect time in the night where the stars didn't quiet set yet, so it was still very, very dark on this rooftop.

I screwed on the nozzle and got spraying. After about ten minutes, both tanks were empty. I took out my fuse from my pocket, and started uncoiling it around the roof. I wrapped it around the entire perimeter twice, with about four feet of distance between each line.  

At about this time, I heard a car pull around the corner. I quickly laid down flat on the roof. I didn't dare to look up. I heard the engine turn off, followed by the clop of wooden shoes walking around and opening a car door. Then I heard a bunch of kids. 

"Why are we here?"

A pouty, precocious voice asked.

"Well, you're here for a party tonight! It's a really important one. Aren't you excited?"