15- The First Choice

[If you guys want to listen to a song while reading this chapter, check the one in the side, it was recommended by the awesome @IdkHarryStyles and i think it fits the story perfectly. It's a beautful song. GRAVITY by Sarah Bareilles]

Louis stood there for a few seconds, he felt as if the clock stopped. He could hear and see everything happening right in front of him. Like in slowmotion.

The pounding beat breaking his chest made the moment even more intense.

He muted his heart’s voice for so long, and now it was there, trying to speak loud and clear. Trying to make him understand what that strange feeling was.

But accepting the reason, or even trying to unscramble it, would have meant breaking a thick wall he had built himself for so many years.

Harry was still walking to the elevator, not ever wanting to look back.

Louis silently begged for him to turn around, he just needed a confirmation from his friend, a hint or a gesture, any excuse to run to him and hug him tight.

He needed those eyes to tell him it would all be fine, those eyes he wrote about almost two years earlier.

“Tell me, Niall, please just tell me,” he begged to the phone, annoyed at his friend’s negative.

“You said you read it already,” the blonde boy rolled his eyes.

“I have, but I just need to hear it from you. Cause I’m not sure.”

Louis had a sassy way to always get what he wanted. Niall was no different from the rest; he couldn’t fight again his friend’s insistence. And that scared the hell out of the irish lad, he knew Harry’s side. And he was afraid of what his own reaction would be, if Louis ever asked.

“You were writing about the day you and Harry met, read it, it was really descriptive. Except for the fact that I, too, was there. And you didn’t even mention my name,” Niall made it sound funny, he wanted to slow down his friend’s mind.

“Seriously? Sorry about that, I will make sure to dedicate a chapter to you in the future, you twat. That was it?” he was starting to get pissed.

“No, it wasn’t. You know the way you write, the way you jump from one subject to another?”

Louis nodded, as if Niall could see him.

“A few paragraphs later there was some kind of a rant, a poem, I don’t know, a really beautifully written description about some eyes. It could be a song, if you ask me, think about it,” he joked.

Louis swallowed, he remembered exactly. “What about it?” he asked emotionless.

“I’ve seen those eyes, Tommo.”

Louis sighed; he couldn’t let a word slip his mouth.

“Say something,” Niall begged. “We can talk about it when we hit the States.”

“Sure,” Louis whispered.

“Maybe I’m over reacting, don’t do anything stupid,” the younger boy said not sure if it was the best call.

“Anne is coming for dinner tonight, gotta get ready, talk to you later.”

“Anne is in Lond-?” Niall couldn’t even finish the sentence before Louis dismissed the call. His mind trying to remember every single word he wrote.

“Tempting, inviting.

So deeply green that makes you want to see more. Like they are begging you to get in.