13- The Cross

It’s been a week since the incident; the band had a short vacation before the next leg of the tour. They they were all excited about it, except for Louis. He knew he was supposed to be excited, but the pain was way bigger. His friends tried everything to cheer him up but nothing seemed to work. He was suffering and no one could do anything to change that.

Everyone left to their homes, Louis didn’t want to face his family so he decided to stay in London. Harry did the same, he missed home but he wouldn’t leave his friend alone, not now. From everyone else, he was the one trying the hardest to make Louis feel better; he couldn’t stand to see his friend being so not himself.

“I can’t believe it’s been a week,” Louis said sighing, the curly boy hugged him tight. “Thank you for staying with me, Haz, but you should go to Cheshire, we still have a few days and I don’t want you to regret this once we leave again,” he tried to convince him.

“I’m not going anywhere boo,” the younger joked. Louis stared at him; this little boy had a way to make him feel so special. When he was around he could almost forget about her absence, almost.

----

Emma walked into the apartment and what she saw, scared her to death. She would have never imagined something like that could happen.

“What the hell, Ele?” she yelled running to her roommate’s body lying on the floor, her wrist was covered in blood and there was a trail coming from the bathroom, Emma cried and tried to wake her up. She took her scarf and tied it tight around her friend’s wound, she stood up trying to control her sobs; she grabbed the phone and dialed her boyfriend’s number.

“Baby, it’s Eleanor, I think she tried to,” she wasn’t even able to finish the sentence. “She is lying on the floor with a severe wound on her wrist, what do I do?”

“Emma you have to call 911 now,” he yelled at the terrified girl.

“I can’t, it would be all over the news, I can’t do this to her, you tell me what to do, come here, help me Daniel, please,” she begged.

“What are you talking about, Emma? Are you serious? Call 911 now, I’m on my way, is she still breathing?”

“Yes she is, but she seems week, babe please hurry, what do I do?”

“Ok, first of all calm down, love, ok? Now, you need to stop the bleeding.”

“I did it already, I tied my scarf to her wrist,” she quickly interrupted.

“Ok, that’s good for now but you need to go to the bathroom, I left a first aid kit there, remember?” he said in a really slow and calm voice, finally getting the chance to put in practice what he learned at med school. Emma walked to the bathroom and grabbed the case.

“I have it.”

“Ok, now you have to take the alcohol bottle. You need to do this real fast, babe ok? Take the scarf out and pour some alcohol on the wound, then cover it with the white bands and press it ok?” he explained carefully. Emma did as he said, she tried not to lose it, but she was freaking out.

As soon as the alcohol touched the wound Eleanor groaned in pain.

“She is alive Daniel, she is still alive,” she yelled and laughed in between tears.

“Is she still bleeding?” Daniel asked worried.

“Yes, she is, but not that much anymore.”

“You need to press a bit harder, love. Use other bands if you need cause you need to be able to see the blood, so it has to be a new one, don’t take the first one out though.”