That One Night (FLASHFORWARD)

A/N:  HEY THERE! First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!! really, it means a lot! I hope you are enjoying this story.

So I’m writing this just to let you know that the following two chapters are flashforwards. This one right here is the one that inspired the whole story, it was just supposed to be a one shot and then I decided to continue it. So this is way ahead in the story.

-----------------------------

‘That one night’

It was a hard day, even longer than usual. He was lying on a bed, in a place he’s never been before but somehow those sheets and that mattress made him feel like he was at home. Hotels were his second favourite place in the world after all.

He was looking at the ceiling, trying to find a reason to go to sleep but he couldn’t take those eyes from his head, it wasn’t unusual, it was actually an uncomfortable feeling he got used to. That didn’t mean it wasn’t hurtful, it still hurts him, even more than before. But he couldn’t stop thinking about it, not even for a whole hour.

He was finally falling asleep when someone knocked on his door; he turned on the light and covered his face with annoyance. “Shit! They found my room again,” he thought and just stayed there trying not to make a sound but then a familiar voice came from the outside.

 “Harry, it’s me,”

He jumped out of the bed, it was him. He walked to the door his heart starting to beat faster, he settled his hair nervously and he couldn’t stop a shy smile that covered his face. “What happened?” He opened the door trying to stay calm, Louis was in the other side, looking like he just got out of bed too, Harry looked at him and realized he was covered in tears.

“Were you sleeping? Am I bothering you?” Louis sobbed.

“No, come on, get inside,” he answered.

Louis walked into the room, he looked around and started to feel better. Harry was confused, as nervous as every time they were alone. Harry couldn’t wait to figure out what was wrong, seeing Louis cry have always made him weak, a thousand thoughts going through his head, how to react, what to say, he hated that. The ability to be himself around Louis has been gone for a while but there is one thing that was not gone, from all of those that they lost, they could still share that moment, when their eyes crossed the time just stopped.

“I didn’t mean to bother you,” the older guy said.

“You are not, what is it? Were you crying?” Louis turned around and wiped his tears away.

“I don’t even know what I’m doing here,” he said.

 “We can still talk, can’t we?” Harry asked with a seed of irony.

“Of course,” Louis said sitting on the bed, Harry did the same while he struggled with that desire that never faded away, he wanted to hold his hand, to hold him, in every way but he couldn’t.

“So what is it?” he asked with curiosity. 

“I had the weirdest dream, it was so real I’m still shaking,” the boy from Doncaster started to sob again; Harry didn't take his eyes off of him for a second. Like trying to calm him with no words, it worked before. “You were dead, you died Harry and I saw you passing away. It was the strongest feeling I’ve ever had. I don’t know why, I just knew you were gone. And I couldn’t handle it, it was killing me and I couldn’t wake up,” 

Harry still couldn’t say a word, Louis was cried and talked at the same time. “And this strange feeling came to me, not like I haven’t felt it before but it was different. I felt hollow. And why? Why are we doing this?” he asked. 

“You are asking me? Seriously?” the curly boy questioned. 

“No, I know. But… You are here now. And we can do things right this time, I promise,” Louis answered trying to wipe his tears again.

“I’ve heard that before and it didn’t go well, not for me,” Harry answered.

“I know, I know, and I’m sorry but this time,” Louis tried to continue.

“You had a dream, Lou. We all do,” Harry interrupted.

“Yes but it was real, and I get it. We shouldn’t be doing this, not anymore, there’s no point,” the blue eyed boy said.

“I know there isn’t. I always knew but it’s too late,” the curly boy lied; Louis got closer making Harry’s breathing stop. They were so close their breaths were melting together. Louis grabbed Harry’s face with both of his hands and looked at him in the eyes, Harry looked away, his eyes covered in tears.

“Look at me, look me in the eyes and tell me its too late,” Louis demanded.

“This is not fair, Louis,” Harry answered tying to look away.

“What? What is not fair?” Louis asked, Harry got up and started walking around the room, he was annoyed and he was fighting against the automatic happiness that usually got him when his friend acted like he was acting now.

“This whole thing, you coming here telling me is all wrong and then a day passes and you change your mind again. And what about me? What do I do with that? I can’t handle it anymore, Lou. It’s been hard the pass 2 months with you not even looking at me, not even talking to me. Like what? As if I did something wrong, what is it that I did that made you so mad at me? Every time I say something you give me that look, and for a while there I think you actually hate me. And it brings me down, it kills me and I just can’t anymore, I can’t,” the younger boy explained finally letting his sorrow turn to tears. Louis got up and hugged Harry with no response.

“I’ve never meant to hurt you,” he said with pain.

“But you did,” Harry answered hurt.

“And its different now, its different I swear. I thought you were gone, and I hated it. I hated that feeling of regret, of all the things we didn’t do, all the things we don’t do. And I don’t even know why, we are perfect together Haz. We are,”

Harry stopped walking around, he stood in front of him and they stared at each other for a while. Like no words were needed, as always, the pain felt gone but it wasn’t. Harry took Louis’s hand and smiled, they gave each other the strongest hug they never have.

“Let’s stop this,” the green eyed boy whispered.

“Yes, yes, this time is real. I promise,” Louis answered convinced.

When they looked at each other the whole world stopped, their smiles could light up the sun, they were happy then, they were perfect then, as they always have been.