You're A Vampire & Not The Kind That Sparkle

50 VOTES you can dooooo it!

...... I LOVE BANNERS from my fans XD ------->

====================================================================

This world will never be what I expected, and if I don't belong, who would have guessed it?

******

chaptereight.

My first reaction was to sprint out of the building and see where the scream came from but when I began to run, I tripped over my heels and almost broke my ankle. So, I slipped the heels off and carried them by the straps, running out of the building.

I looked around me in the dark street and there was no one. There was another scream to my left and I broke out into a run in that direction. Passing an alleyway, I saw something moving at an unhumanly speed and I stopped.

Slowly, I retracted my steps and peaked my head around the corner of the building. Peering into the alley, I saw someone pressing someone else against the dirty brick wall. Memories of the first night I met Micah and Nathaniel came flooding into my mind.

I squinted to see who it was with their back to me. The way he moved, the messy brown hair, the strong stature.. It was Micah. And I'm willing to guess the person he had pinned up against the building was his 'meal' for the night.

The guy screaming was muffled this time by Micah's arm, although the struggle was useless. I heard him mutter, "Stupid human, just shut up before I make your death slow and painful."

Micah put his hands on the guy's shoulders and banged him into the wall, making him hit his head. It was when he did this that I was able to get a good look at the face of Micah's victim and the absolute terror that his eyes held. It was Matt.

Before I could stop myself, I ran into the alley, putting myself in full view of the starving vampire that was ready to kill. But he ignored my presence. Instead, he threw his head back and viciously tore into Matt's neck.

Matt's eyes met mine and pure horror ran across his face as recognition twisted in his eyes. I ran to them and latched onto Micah's neck with my hands, cutting of the flow of blood going down his throat. He sputtered and brought his head back from Matt.

When Micah's head turned to look at me, there was no recognition in his eyes. I had never seen so much rage on a person's face. He took one hand and pushed me and that was all it took to send me flying across the alleyway and onto the ground.

Groaning in pain, I rolled over onto my back and twisted my head to watch, helpless, as Micah drained the life from Matt. His face began to pale and I saw the fight in his body weaken. Sadness washed over me, for this boy that I had actually had a great time with tonight. He was so kind... and didn't deserve to die.

Forcing myself to get up from the ground, I stood up straight and watched as Micah pulled his head back. He then dropped Matt's lifeless body to the ground and stood with his fist clenched to his side. Tears stung my eyes and I choked out, "Why? Why did you have to kill him?"

Micah stood still for a moment, then he slowly turned to face me, his eyes carefully turning back to green. He blinked a few times, almost like his eyes were adjusting and then opened his mouth as if to speak but said nothing. I felt the first drops of rain splash my face.

His face turned stone cold, showing absolutely no emotion. The rain began to come down heavily, washing away any sign of tears that were on my cheeks. He spoke, "He touched you, he kissed you."