21 0.5~ // Home For Fall

Dear mom and dad..

There's a lot that's happened since you guys went on vacation. 
(I like to think of it like that.)
Sometimes I'll lay awake at night making myself think that I'm still at home.
And when I can sleep, I usually dream about seeing you guys at home again one day. 
I imagine that I can still feel and see and hear our family dinners, us discussing things we thought would matter in the future.
I remember you both telling me those crazy stories about your childhood and your adventures before you both became king and queen of Mewni. 
I don't know, though. Things seem so much more quiet now that you guys are gone..
Maybe you both bit off more than you could chew? 
Why did you think that leaving home for paradise was such a good idea?
I know you both could tell things wouldn't go as planned..
Maybe I should sleep.. It's 4 in the morning and I might just be thinking too much..
I'm trying to still accept the fact you both are just waiting for me patiently.
Anyway I guess what I wanted to say was..
I remember you both telling me to stay positive and look at the brighter side of things.
I also remember you guys telling me that I should never forget where I came from, and who cares about me.  
I started this thing where if I ever started missing home, I could always look at myself in the mirror and remember how close I already am to home, because I have both of them in my looks and personality. 
I don't know if that works, but I feel like it will soon. Maybe one day it will.
In the mean time, I can look at photos of us that I managed to find. They're taped up on my wall around my room so that if I ever have a nightmare, I can look anywhere and feel at home again since both of you are around me. 
Anyway, I'm getting tired but hopefully you'll be able to hang around in the fall more often to watch over me and stuff.. You know, kind of like you did last year. 
It was comforting hearing the leaves being crunched, and watching them fall off the trees in various colors. Then at night the skies are really clear and it gets really quiet, so I can hear the river nearby rambling about how I need to stop growing up so fast, and watch the moon as it follows me around, making sure I'm alright. 
Not only that but at night we could sit and listen to this band that Jackie and Marco introduced me to called Real Friends. I love their music a lot. 
We could also talk about how high school is going for me, since I'm going to be a freshman soon.

I remember talking about school and stuff like that a few years ago, but now I'm actually experiencing it.Are you proud of me yet? My favorite class is art. I can paint and draw things I feel like, and I'll be rewarded with a really good grade just for expressing myself without even having to talk.It's more fun that way. Maria believes me when I say it's much easier also. She's kind of like an older sister to me I suppose.I hope that's alright to you guys. I'm getting kind of tired, so I'm going to go to sleep now.See you in a few minutes!I miss you a lot, and I love you both.

Signed,Moon & River's little princess of Mewni,

Star Butterfly.