3~ // Fighting Techniques

"So you talked to Marco?" Jackie asked, walking down the hall with Star. Star nodded, "I told you that he liked you." She smiled. "Huh," Jackie said, looking away. She looked back, still smiling. "Anything you left out?" She asked, chuckling. "Well.." Star began, then faded off.
  "-Safe Kid," Star said as she left the art room. She smiled, feeling a little better for some reason.
"Not that I recall." She shrugged to Jackie. She laughed and nodded. "Cool, ok. Well, I'm heading to Janna's party if you want to come." Jackie raised an eyebrow, slinging on a jacket. "I think I'm good I have to pr-" star began, then paused. "I have to practice studying." She lied again, giving a small shrug and a smile. Jackie nodded, "So you know the way to my house still, right?" She asked. Star nodded, as Jackie slipped on her helmet, and gave an "alright" grin. She waved goodbye, as she took off on her skateboard. Star waved back, watching Jackie ride down the street and get smaller the further she got.
  Star sat at the local library and sighed as she struggled to stay still and read a book. "Star?" She heard. She sat up quickly, realizing the voice. "Marco!" She gasped in surprise, staring in shock at the boy. "I thought you were going to Janna's party?" He said, in a questioning tone. "Why'd you think that?" She tilted her head. "Ehh... I don't know. I guess I assumed she'd bring you along since you're new here." He shrugged. "Oh, I told Jackie that I was gonna study instead." She shrugged, quickly shutting the book she was reading. "Studying for what?" He asked, suspicious, sitting down beside her. "Oh, you know... That.. Test.. Thing.. In that one... Class.." She stammered, her eyes darting to the library door. "Okay, well, that sounds more like a lie to me. There's no test this month, it's a learning unit." He raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "It's not for school." She breathed, admitting. "What are you studying for?" He asked. "It's none of your concern." She grunted. He snatched the book tucked under her arm, as she yelped. "Marco, give that back!" She yelled, reaching for the book as he held it out of her reach, straining to read the title. "Battle..." He'd let out, as Star whacked his arm.  "And.." WhAck. "War!" He said as he shoved a clawing Star off of him. Star stood up, sighing angrily. "Why are you studying war and battles?" He asked, freaked out. "I told you already, it's none of your business. She whacked his arm, making him drop the book to the floor. He kept his hand up, still as when he was holding the book. He looked at the book, surprised- yet almost scared. His eyes darted back up to Star, sighing. He let out an angry expression, as Star angrily gripped the book, turning around and leaving the library. "There's something going on with her and honestly I don't feel good vibes about it." He mumbled to himself.
  The chime of a bell rang in the air as Star pushed open the door to a small dojo. "Anyone heeeeree?" She called out. "Hello! Are you a new student?" A man walked out from the back, peering to Star. "Oh, no. Not really. I was just hoping to practice." She said, walking over. "Oh. You should join us!" He exclaimed as Star tilted her head. "I'm good, I just want to practice.." She repeated. He nodded, looking away, his thumb and index finger pressed under his chin. "I see." He mumbled, trying to rub a nonexistent beard. Star stood there, raising her eyebrow, confused and quite weirded out. "Okay, I have a room with a punching bag if that's what you want to practice in! I have some students in there right now, though." He said, looking back at Star. She smiled and nodded. "That's okay, I won't be long." She exclaimed, raising her right shoulder. He lit up and turned around. He held up his hand in a "follow me" movement, as star followed him down the short hall. He slid open a dojo door that led to a room with at least 3 students in there. They all wore white outfits, with different colored belts wrapped tightly around their waist. They punched and kicked the red leather punching bags. "You can practice here any day you want, only on one deal, though." He said and turned to her seriously. She looked up at him and raised her eyebrow. "What's that?" She asked. He held out his hand, motioning for a payment. She sighed and took out a gold coin. She plopped it in his palm and walked in the room. He gasped at it, in awe. He closes the door, running off. Star carefully, and awkwardly, walked up to a red punching bag. "What brought you to my dojo?" A little boy asked, blondish hair. She quickly shifted her eyes to the kid and shrugged. "My feet." She said, confused. "Okay, it's gonna take a lot more than an attitude to walk right in here like that." He stepped closer, trying to seem intimidating. She rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her bag where her wand was. "I only came here to practice. I don't need any more interferences." She bitterly said. "Let's make a deal." He began. She leaned to her right, raising an eyebrow. "You defeat me, and I'll let you stay here without getting bothered any other time you come here." The boy said and evilly grinned. "I suppose." She shrugged. He snapped, and the two other people quickly pushed the punching bags off the mat. The boy readied his stance, as Star awkwardly shuffled backward. A girl standing between them yelled a countdown. "Three. Two. One. Go!" She'd yell, as Star grabbed her wand and the boy bolted after her. He quickly went in for a foot trip, just as Star jumped up and blasted a spell. "Slippery floor water blast!" She yelled, as the floor suddenly became wet. The boy slid and rammed into the wall behind her, as she lowered herself to the ground. "OW." She winced, watching him collide with the wall. "HATH-" he began, standing up. He fell down, as Star walked over and hovers above him. "CHEETHING!" He muffled, carefully standing up, one tooth falling out of his mouth. She winced again. "You gotta fiGht" he yelled, sounding tired and drained. He poked his nose, as he quickly grabbed it and yelled "OW." She paused, then shrugged. "I win." She said. The other two quickly looked to each other and smiled. They pushed the punching bags back onto the mat, as soon as the boy left the room for ice and Star clean-blasted the room. Soon enough, they were helping teach Star the basics of their fighting techniques.