18: The Battle Part II

"It's starting."

My breath caught in my throat. So, this was it. Lives were about to change forever.

Jacob took my hand in his, squeezing it tightly. I exhaled. Cullen sat on a boulder, his finger pressed to his temple giving the fight his full concentration. I saw Seth's eyes darting around as well, probably going insane with all those voices in his head. Jacob remained calm, watching the both of them.

Suddenly Jacob's eyes went dark. They seemed to be roving over a picture I couldn't see, taking in every detail.

A gasp caught in his throat, before he muttered, "No. It's fine, she's okay."

His hand clenched tightly onto mine, and I let out a sharp cry. He broke away from his concentrated state to look at me in alarm. I pulled my hand away from him, cradling it against my chest. "I'm so sorry, is it okay?" He asked me worriedly. I nodded. "Go back to the fight, it's more important."

He reluctantly looked away, giving his full attention back to the scene playing in his mind.

I felt left out, like I couldn't do anything to help. I sat on a nearby rock, examining my hand every once in a while, making sure it wasn't swelling or anything. Everyone was concentrated on something that I couldn't see.

Bella came over to sit beside me, placing her hand on my knee. "You get used to that helpless feeling." She murmured. I just nodded.

Suddenly, Edward let out an angry bark, looking over at Seth.

"Go!" He growled, and Seth dashed away into the tree line, morphing as he went. Jacob raced to me, grabbing my arm and towing me over to the cliff face behing us. Edward did the same to Bella, making sure she was securely behind him before crouching defensively.

"She's near, I can hear her thoughts!" He snarled, looking around wildly.

Jacob growled his response, gnashing his teeth in fury. I have to admit, it was a little bit scary.

Then the really scary part began

From the trees in front of us emerged someone I never expected.

"Riley!" I cried, attempting to run to him, but Jacob caught me in his grasp. His look sent chills up my spine, and I didn't argue when I was placed back behind him.

Riley's eyes seemed to glow crimson against the pure snow on the ground and trees. He rotated hi head to the side, sniffing the air.

"Riley." Edward said calmly. Riley looked at him in surprise.

"Riley, she's using you. She doesn't really love you at all."

Riley's eyes narrowed, but he continued to listen.

"This whole army...all of it...was to avenge her true mate... James. She only loves him."

"She sent you here to distract us." He continued, seeing Riley was still intrigued.

"In fact...she's hoping we'll kill you...so she won't have to deal with you anymore."

Riley's eyes widened, but the there was a crash from above. A flash of red against the snow, and then I saw Victoria for the first time. He face was gaunt and hollow, but she radiated an air of beauty. Her red hair was long and bounced as the tree branch she clung to settled fromt eh sudden inpact. The most striking was her glowing red eyes, full of waht seemed like pain and anguish. Over what, I'm not sure.

"Don't listen to him Riley." She said, her voice a soft pur in the silence. Her eyes stayed on Edward.

"There's only you." She breathed, looking at Riley, eyes wide.

Riley paused for a moment, his eyeson the snowy ground below. He slowly lifted his heand, menacingly, before uttering two words...

"You're dead."

___________________________________________________________________________________

I know, this is like, NOTHING...but I just wanted to give you something. I literally wrote this in ten mintues, and I know it shows, but my next upload will be in like thirty minutes, I promise. Happy reading!